Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

95 honda civic lx overheating issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011
hondacivicowner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iluvandrew is an unknown quantity at this point
95 honda civic lx overheating issue

I just bought a 95 honda civic. Last night I had the defroster running while I was driving. On my way to take a friend home the temp gauge started to go up (defroster was off now). When I pulled over and put it in park it started to cool down. As soon as I put it into drive it started to go back up. I drove it home and parked it. Put antifreeze in the radiator last night. Drove to the store and back home no problem. This morning I took my kids to their daycares and went to a friend's house on the other side of town. Temp gauge was staying in normal spot. Car sat at friend's house for bout an hour. Took friend back across town to an appointment no problem with temp gauge. After dropping off friend I was on my way home and the temp gauge started to go back up. What is going on? Radiator and temp gauge were replaced November 2009 and water pump was replaced August 2009. Why does my temp gauge keep running hot? Please help!! Im afraid to drive my car
Old 02-15-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: 95 honda civic lx overheating issue

Has the coolant level been checked?
Old 02-18-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hellboy51 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 95 honda civic lx overheating issue

could also be thermostat or coolant temp sensor,first check fuses, leaks, radiator hoses top and bottom, no obstructions to radiator, before wrenching