Engine Performance Modifications Post information/questions about Forced Induction, Nitrous, Engine Building and Swaps here.

Motor swapped and idle issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kmclenegan is an unknown quantity at this point
Motor swapped and idle issue

So let me start off by saying I am still new to the Honda game. I purchased a 96 as a daily driver. Planed on keep it stock. Well finding out it's not and learned a bit through this issue.
All started with me replacing the iacv do to a surging idle. Found out the previous owner put a d16z6 motor in and did do things correct by replacing the ecu and a 28 pin adapter(not sure if that is the correct term). I looked for a fitv but realized I don't have one and he is running the d16y8 intake and throttle body. I covered my hand over the tb, to see for vacuum leak. It didn't kill the engine. I assumed it has a leak. Now when it warms up the idle is good but it's kind of random when it actually stops surging. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes sometimes i can drive it for a bit. I bleed the cooling system too in hopes that was it. During work. I unplugged the iac and it idle normally. I was going to just keep it unplugged but the throttle seems more different(obviously). It also hold rpms at 1500 as if it's on a rev limiter when I give it a little gas and when I give it a little more, it powers through it. I am not sure if it could be a intake leak, if i need to swap the throttle body to the d16z6 (if so does it bolt right up), or if their is a completely different issue. Any ideas or advice?