I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2000 Coupe EX Rear Deck and Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CoLT40FiiVe is an unknown quantity at this point
2000 Coupe EX Rear Deck and Speakers

I plan on replacing my rear speakers and want to dampen the vibrations in my rear deck on my 2000 Civic Coupe EX, so two questions:

1)Whats the best/cheapest way to dampen rear deck vibrations?

2) Im interested in some Kicker speakers:
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_206KS69/Kicker-KS69.html

or since I've read that circular speakers sound better than 6x9's, and I plan on getting a sub...
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_206DS60/Kicker-DS60.html
and
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SA69...-Brackets.html

I'd like to know if the second option will fit properly without too much modification.

Last edited by CoLT40FiiVe; 03-25-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 03-24-2012
Registered!!

Re: 2000 Coupe EX Rear Deck and Speakers

(how2delete?)

Last edited by CoLT40FiiVe; 03-24-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 03-24-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

You should be fine.

When you say "round" speakers I'm assuming you mean single speaker as opposed to a 2 or 3-way which distort easier than a single speaker.
Old 03-24-2012
Registered!!

I mean round as in circle as opposed to oval. Sorry, meant to say circular.
Old 03-24-2012
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

In my opinion I'd get a nice set of 6x9'' components for the rear and save yourself the trouble of wiring up a sub. I've had the same clarion component speakers for almost 2 years and they sound great. They don't hit nearly as hard as a sub, but they thump pretty good for speakers. Components are pretty easy to wire up in the trunk and you'd be amazed at the sound quality they put out.
Old 03-25-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Zeferint
In my opinion I'd get a nice set of 6x9'' components for the rear and save yourself the trouble of wiring up a sub. I've had the same clarion component speakers for almost 2 years and they sound great. They don't hit nearly as hard as a sub, but they thump pretty good for speakers. Components are pretty easy to wire up in the trunk and you'd be amazed at the sound quality they put out.
I'll consider it. I do want a sub, but it really depends on if its within the scope of things I can install myself, which it should be.
Old 03-25-2012
Autocross Padawan

Zeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of lightZeferint is a glorious beacon of light

Sub's are pretty easy to wire up, but you won't get the full potential of it unless you hook it up with an amplifier. That's where things get tricky. Since you're familiar with Crutchfield I would definitely not be shy at trying things yourself. Their customer service is absolutely unparalleled and they provide you with tons of information to help you with the install.
Old 03-25-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Zeferint
Sub's are pretty easy to wire up, but you won't get the full potential of it unless you hook it up with an amplifier. That's where things get tricky. Since you're familiar with Crutchfield I would definitely not be shy at trying things yourself. Their customer service is absolutely unparalleled and they provide you with tons of information to help you with the install.
Yeah, so far I'm very impressed with Crutchfield. The sub will probably be one of the last things I do, aside from an amp for the main speakers. gotta get a better head unit first with the proper RCA outputs first. Also need to decide what kind of sub I want. I was looking at this one because I often transport a wheelchair and need my trunk. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_20611HS8/Kicker-11HS8.html

I am reading a lot of mixed things about the 6x9 vs 6.5 thing. Might go with 6x9's for better mids/lows.