I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Headlights Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zan118 is an unknown quantity at this point
Headlights Issue

I recently bought a 2000 Honda Civic EX, and noticed the headlights are acting weird after I bought it. (lucky me)

On low beams, the left light's off but the l.e.d. ring is on. The right light's on and the l.e.d. ring's off. When I put it on high beams, both outer lights come on, but the inner lights go off. The left inner l.e.d. light is on, but the right isn't. As for the fog lights, the left inner l.e.d. ring is on, but the outer isn't. The right inner l.e.d. ring is off, but the outer is on. The fog lights themselves, the farthest out light bulbs, work fine.

Being an amateur driver, and not knowing anything about Civics, I was wondering how much of this is supposed to be happening and how much of this is a problem that I need to have a mechanic look at. Thanks everyone!
Old 11-21-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Headlights Issue

sounds like someone did a terrible wiring job. youre gonna have to take them off and see whats going on with the connections and grounds.
Old 11-21-2011
Registered!!

96vtech is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 96 and there is a seperate fuse for each headlight both high and low have seperate fuses also i was pulling my hair out trying to figure y my hids wernt workin hope this helps a little
Old 11-21-2011
Registered!!

Thanks for the info gear and vtech. I had a feeling, but I wanted other people's opinions before I did anything. I figured it might be the wiring or maybe a bad fuse. I'm gonna let a mechanic look at the wiring tomorrow, and hopefully he can shed some light on the subject, and maybe even fix the problem if he doesn't want too much cash.
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

HondaDr is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you have something in backwards on the wiring. Should be a simple fix though. Check your grounds also as a bad ground can cause all sorts of issues.
Old 12-02-2011
Registered!!

Thanks everyone! Had the mechanics look at it, they said there was a busted fuse and some bad wiring. Everything's working in it now though! Thanks for the advice!