I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

viper alarm install

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mrdigital is an unknown quantity at this point
viper alarm install

hey guys i was wondering what all do i need to do a self install of a viper alarm in my 2000 honda civic lx
Old 06-25-2010
Registered!!

mrplow123456 will become famous soon enoughmrplow123456 will become famous soon enough
Re: viper alarm install

I personally didn't originally install my clifford alarm, which is made by dei who also makes viper, but I have modified it and reinstalled it several times. These alarms are very nice but unless you are pretty good with electrical work and know your way around your civic wiring harnesses or have an OEM repair manual, I wouldn't attempt this at all.

Otherwise, mainly you need wire strippers/crimpers, extra wire and all sorts of connectors, even though they come with most everything you need, and a nice DMM, a cordless drill for mounting and whatnot, and plenty of time and patience. If you don't mind getting dirty and learning, find someone who will let you watch and do the install cheap, this is not an easy job especially if you have a two way pager model.
Old 01-14-2013
Registered!!

tlfarren is an unknown quantity at this point

I'be got the same problem,bought viper 350+ and love to pay someone to install it but you can download wiring harness on honda online and start reading viper manual.Any tips would be great oh great Honda guru's.
Old 01-14-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Pay someone to instal if its the first electrical upgrade you will be doing. If you have installed head units and amps before and know how relays work then you should be ok. It's not hard but you should have understandings of electronics and wiring.