I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

96 Civic HX clutch switch wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
moneywaster is an unknown quantity at this point
96 Civic HX clutch switch wiring

I can't get my 96 Civic 5-speed to start (it runs fine if I push it off, it just won't start, acts like the clutch is not pressed down). I wanted to bypass the clutch switch to see if that was the problem. However, I couldn't see the end of it to disconnect the plug and tried to just unscrew the entire switch (while it was still plugged up, very stupid, I know) so I could pull it down to where I could see it. Of course, the wires broke/pulled out from wherever they were connected on the other end. So, I have the switch, plug, and wires but have no idea what they connect to (looks like they pulled out clean). One is black with gray spots, the other is red with gray spots. Can anyone tell me or provide a picture that shows where the other end of these wires should be connected? Thanks for any help. I realize I may still need to dtermine what is preventing it from starting. However, my immediate concern is hooking these wires back up so I can try bypassing the switch or something else. Please help!