Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

Which wheel size is the best?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hubcap is an unknown quantity at this point
Which wheel size is the best?

I own a 1999 Civic EX coupe with the original steel wheels. I want to get some OEM aluminum rims at my local junkyard that will fit because it is cheaper to buy OEM rims at the junkyard that purchasing aftermarket rims. My steel rims are 14 inch. Will 15 inch rims work? Is there any advantage to using 15 inch rims? If so what is the best tire size to put on 15 inch rims? Thanks
Old 07-06-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Which wheel size is the best?

15 inch will work just fine. Advantages to running larger wheels are that it looks nicer and it allows you to run different types of tires and better tire sizes. 14 inch tires are cheaper which is nice but if you want a better performing tire it is generally easier to find in a larger size like 15".

Use this tire size calculator to determine the tire size that will match your 14" rolling diameter as close as possible.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tirecalc.php

For example:

If your current tire size is a 185/65/14 then you should go with a 195/55/15 to maintain a close to OE rolling diameter. If the rolling diameter is off it will through your speedo and odometer off.
Old 09-28-2014
Acura EL 1.6 - Ontario, Canada

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AcuraEl1.6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Which wheel size is the best?

I think 15 inch rims work the best!!! They offer good style but also great ride because the rims aren't overly big. Check out my Honda premium wheels on my Acura here