Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications Post Wheel, Tire & Brake related modification information and/or questions here

camber rear wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
openroad83 is an unknown quantity at this point
camber rear wheels

i've got a 1998 1.4 civic which i've had just over a year. when i went to have a mot they said my rear tyres are close to the limit of being leagal so i had a look and the inside 1 1/2 inch is nearly bald while the rest is more than fine. took car to a tyre fitting place to price up the tracking on the back and a set of new treads. they told me they didn't know how to do it because there was no obvious ways of adjusting. but they told me to come back nexts week when one of the more experience fitters might know.

how is the it adjusted and how much am i looking to pay for it?

the car is standard for all i know
Old 04-18-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: camber rear wheels

Honda does not allow camber adjustment to the rear wheels. Something is wrong in the rear end if the car is fully stock. However, if the car has been lowered than it needs whats called a "Camber Kit" that will allow for rear wheel camber adjustment. Your looking at anywhere from 100-200 for the camber kit and whatever they charge for an alignment.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/96-97-98-99-0...item45ff0959d5

It looks something like that, however I suggest getting a brand name one because the bushings on it will be far superior to ebay junk.
Old 04-18-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

The toe needs to be adjusted, this is not a camber issue. It's possible via the toe adjustment, so whoever couldn't figure it out has no idea what they're doing..
Old 04-18-2012
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

^ If an alignment shop can't figure out how to align toe and the effects it has elsewhere they shouldn't be in the business.

This is neat:

http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/t...i/viewall.html
Old 04-18-2012
Registered!!

thanks for the reply. i;ve read the toe discription and it sound like it the wheels pointing in towards or out each other from the front or the back of the wheel and the camber is the top to the bottom. or am i reading it wrong.
can you adjust the ride height on the standard suspension.
Old 04-18-2012
Whachya lookin at?

The only adjustable component on your car is the Toe. If the camber is out its either lowered or there is something wrong with the suspension.
Old 04-18-2012
Registered!!

is there any way i could measure the ride height tomorrow with out taking it to a garage first. if so what is the normal ride height