Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

99 ex misfire bog problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough
99 ex misfire bog problem

Alright Honda gurus I need some help. I have a 99 civic ex. OBD2b. Now I had to swap another d16 in it due to my other blowing up cause I busted my oil pan and it spun a rod bearing. I got a d16y8 obd2a motor. Now I swapped the intake manifold from mine to this one and I plugged the fai ports on my manifold with jb weld. When I swapped it in I had to get a new radiator and the new radiator was bad and caused me to overheat. Changed with the radiator now which is good. Now my problem is that it is misfiring somehow. Before it was throwing knock sensor code, o2 sensor code, misfire code and iacv code. Now I have changed the plugs and plug wires, new distributor, new iacv, map sensor, cleaned throttle body, new vacuum hoses, new intake/exhaust manifold gaskets, o2 sensor is new, iacv is plugged due to it would not idle right at all and now it does when its running ok. I am losing coolant somehow but I am slowly losing it. There is no leaks of coolant or oil anywhere. Did compression test, cylinder 1 was 150 and 2-4 was 170. Injector resistance was at 11.6 with all 4. Changed fuel filter, voltage to injector connectors is 12v. I even changed my ignition switch and lock cylinder due to it was sticking and thought maybe that was it due to the only code throwing now is a p1399 which researched it came to that code is for ignition coil. Now I am confused terribly. What my car is doing is now it will barely start, I have to gas it to get it running, it will idle fine for a few mins sometimes and then it will want to die but it won't, it will idle at about 300 rpm. Now while driving a few secs after hitting the gas the car will want to misfire and it will bog and jerk until it catches itself for just a min and then do the same thing. It doesn't matter if it is warm or cold but now sometimes the car will run completely fine. No problems at all. It is rare but it will run perfect and then I can turn it off and go back and crank it and then its running like *** again. When I start it it will blow white smoke quite a bit. Now could it be my head gasket even tho my compression is good and I have no leaks at all what so ever and there is no oil in coolant or coolant in the oil?
Old 02-05-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: 99 ex misfire bog problem

coolant is going somewhere, white smoke on start up could be that missing coolant, how do the plugs look?