Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

No speakers work now... :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slicer1989 is an unknown quantity at this point
No speakers work now... :(

I have a 99 Civic LX, I have an aftermarket Dual XDVD276BT in it with an amp and sub... Originally my rear speakers didn't work, and now my front don't... we tried seeing if the back speakers worked at all - By wiring them up to the amp that was already in the back... Well all of my intelligence didn't think to unplug the factory speaker harness from the rear 6x9s... heard a loud pop and the front speakers quit working - The radio is just fine and continues to work and play sound (Just through the sub) so I don't know if my radio is toast now or not... I'd assume if it was, the whole thing wouldn't work or play sound. Does anyone know if there is any kind of OEM amp, fuse or anything that might have popped? Or did my radio get destroyed?
Old 02-02-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: No speakers work now... :(

You may have popped the speakers or the output on the radio. The speakers are not fused but the radio (head unit) is but you say that it on just has no sound.

Can you get a good speaker and try to hook it up to see if you get sound?
Old 02-02-2018
Registered!!

The front speakers worked fine beforehand, Just the rears didn't... Luckily I have the receipt for my radio - And I am gonna exchange it tomorrow, if that doesn't work - Then I will replace the front speakers.... What size are they? I think I read they are 6.5... Anything special about installing new speakers?
Old 02-04-2018
Registered!!

Ended up being the radio. Still eventually going to replace the speakers though.