Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2000 Civic hatchback d16y7.The AC compressor and something is smoking like a belt?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shinaabekidd612 is an unknown quantity at this point
2000 Civic hatchback d16y7.The AC compressor and something is smoking like a belt?

I need help, I know my AC compressor is going but something is smoking and its smelling like burnt rubber but I can't seem to nail it and I'm also not a mechanic! I'm hoping to go to school to become a auto mechanic I live in mpls and can't really find a good after hours mechanic or one that does side jobs? Any suggestions or please help? How much would it cost jus to remove the compressor til next spring?
Old 09-12-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2000 Civic hatchback d16y7.The AC compressor and something is smoking like a belt

something is smoking and its smelling like burnt rubber but I can't seem to nail it
Find out what is smoking??????? See the evidence. Feel the evidence.

I'm also not a mechanic! I'm hoping to go to school to become a auto mechanic
TBH...I'd say stay the hell away from it.

A wise man once said, "If you're smart enough to fix cars, you're smart enough to do something that pays a hell of a lot better than fixing cars."
I wish I had been told that when I was a lot younger.
How much would it cost jus to remove the compressor til next spring?
Remove the offending belt: FREE

Last edited by ezone; 09-13-2017 at 10:55 PM.