Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

engine shake/shutter at take off

Old 08-16-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
htc1x is an unknown quantity at this point
engine shake/shutter at take off

Hi,

So I was reading that the reason the RMS leak may be because the main bearing is out of spec, and if I replace just the seal, I will start leaking in the future.

Could the shake in the beginning be excessive play in the bearing?

So it happens in 1st gear take off, usually when I give it the right amount of gas (no more, maybe a hair less than average?) and once engaged, give it more gas while its just starting to move.

I think it also happens if I give it too much gas and then let out the clutch.

I've run on low oil every once and a while because of the leak just FYI. Plan to do tje RMS during the clutch change.

So whats the shake during take off caused by? Idling is fine driving and shifting is fine. No hiccups, weird noises or abnormalities other than during take off.

Thanks

EDIT:

Looks like i might have found the answer. :https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-...-gear-2616688/
Old 08-16-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: engine shake/shutter at take off

EDIT:

Looks like i might have found the answer
Yup, lots of good possibilities in that link.

Search this Thread