Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Oil on plugs

Old 08-17-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wires/screws for ignition coil

Aaaand NOPE not listed by itself in the dang catalog. I'm surprised, I was sure many of the individual parts (like the ICM) used to be available separately.

The catalog shows an igniter kit for 5th gen........No coil bolts though.

98 ACCORD shows the coil bolts as 6x30 mm long, so measure the length of yours--if they are the same the part # is 30136-P0A-A01

You can probably sub any common 6x1.0 mm bolts of the right length IF the heads will clear with a socket or wrench over them. IDK if it's feasible though. Take one to the store and match it up, see what works.
Get a whole distributor from the junkyard for spare parts?
Old 08-17-2017

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

30136-P0A-A01 was also used in 6th gen HX civic......IDK why it's not listed on the other versions.

Old 08-17-2017

Re: Oil on plugs

Also....threads merged because this is still the same project.
Old 08-17-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eager2learn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
Also....threads merged because this is still the same project.
lol sorry...thanks for looking ezone but i got school next week....i went to lowes...lol ( iddnt get ur message in time, i would've ordered it) dude are you a honda technician or something...u know everything.

i found these...

http://imgur.com/a/Vtvom

they were a TADDDD BIT too long so i bought some washers to fill in the space..1 4mm washer did the trick...my car up and running now...IT WAS THE COIL!!!!!

Let's see how long this lasts....

Also...i still have start up issues...(bogging down) maybe my rotor is being caught up...

also there's a leak under my oil-holder under the car. where the screw is. I see drips under it...and my car wasn't even on the entire week it was dead.............
Old 08-17-2017
Registered!!

Aaaand NOPE not listed by itself in the dang catalog. I'm surprised, I was sure many of the individual parts (like the ICM) used to be available separately.

The catalog shows an igniter kit for 5th gen........No coil bolts though.

98 ACCORD shows the coil bolts as 6x30 mm long, so measure the length of yours--if they are the same the part # is 30136-P0A-A01

You can probably sub any common 6x1.0 mm bolts of the right length IF the heads will clear with a socket or wrench over them. IDK if it's feasible though. Take one to the store and match it up, see what works.
Get a whole distributor from the junkyard for spare parts?
what does 6x30 mm mean?
Old 08-17-2017

dude are you a honda technician or something...u know everything.
I clean toilets at a dealership. Sometimes I fill them too.

i found these...

http://imgur.com/a/Vtvom
A terminal block?

Also...i still have start up issues...(bogging down) maybe my rotor is being caught up...
Nah, that's not what a rotor failure would act like IMO
also there's a leak under my oil-holder under the car.
WTF izzat?
Maybe it's an oil-LEAKER instead of a holder?

what does 6x30 mm mean?
Standard bolt dimensions, diameter and length, in millimeters. Thread pitch is 1.0

Last edited by ezone; 08-17-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old 08-18-2017
Registered!!

I clean toilets at a dealership. Sometimes I fill them too.

A terminal block?

Nah, that's not what a rotor failure would act like IMO
WTF izzat?
Maybe it's an oil-LEAKER instead of a holder?
Standard bolt dimensions, diameter and length, in millimeters. Thread pitch is 1.0

yeah...dont tell me something wrong with using terminal block

oil holder = when u do a oil change n u pour oil into your engine...it pours into the pan that holds oil...u have to unscrew it to drain your oil...that's the oil holder. i found leaking right under the screw and its not lose man...

why would u need to fill toilets?? 0.o
Old 08-18-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by eager2learn
Because that is all they trust him to do at the dealership.......
Old 08-18-2017

yeah...dont tell me something wrong with using terminal block
I thought you were needing the screws that secure the coil to the housing.
Not the screws that secure the wires to the coil.
My mistake, sorry.

oil holder
Oil PAN.
Could be something like a bad gasket, plug not tight enough......and I once saw a crack develop in a steel pan immediately below the drain plug.
You'll have to clean it all off and watch where the leak starts. If it starts around the plug then you may as well just wait til the next oil change to replace the gasket.

In the words of a wise state employee,
"I don't work on their time, and I don't {poop} on my time."
Old 08-18-2017
Registered!!

"fill toilets" LOL i thought you had the job to put water into it....LOL

Search this Thread