Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Fast shaking/Vibrating

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tashapaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Fast shaking/Vibrating

When I am on a highway or interstate, my car is fine.
When I'm in town, trying to keep my car at a constant speed, i push the gas and it feels like my motor is going to jump out of the hood of my car. Once i get up to speed its fine. I cant really tell if its my transmission wanting to shift, or if its a suspension problem. But once it shakes, i let off the gas and it stops. At this point , nobody can tell me what it is.
Old 07-08-2017
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Fast shaking/Vibrating

could be engine and/or transmission mounts
Old 07-08-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fast shaking/Vibrating

At this point , nobody can tell me what it is.
Take it to a professional for evaluation.......but don't just stand there and talk about it......

Take the technician for a quick ride to demonstrate your problem, that way everyone is on the same page about what your complaint is.