Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

MAP Sensor caused check engine light to go on?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CJ3_31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation MAP Sensor caused check engine light to go on?

Hi,

I ran into an unexpected problem today that I need help fixing.

I have a Honda Civic 2000 Ex, D series engine, D16Y8 I think?
Anyways, I was planning on doing some work, I was going to do an oil change and install and new fuel filter, but then it started to rain and I didn't get much done.

But when I was working on it, I tried to move the air intake of the way to get more room in front of the fuel filter, to do that, I simply unplugged the MAP sensor, while the battery was disconnected of course.

My problem is that when I started my car after the rain had stopped me, I noticed the check engine light, and my RPM gauge slightly higher than usual. I also put in a new exhaust system about a year ago, so I could hear my engine slightly revving. As of now I do not have an OBD II Scanner, but I do plan on getting one in the future, but for now, I do need somebody's insight.

(Sorry for the long question)

Thank you...
Old 07-01-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: MAP Sensor caused check engine light to go on?

Plug sensor in. Disconnect battery for several minutes to erase code.
Old 07-01-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CJ3_31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: MAP Sensor caused check engine light to go on?

Thank you.

I'll try and post an update as soon as possible.