Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Oem quality parts for tune up (cap, rotors, wires)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eager2learn is an unknown quantity at this point
Oem quality parts for tune up (cap, rotors, wires)

Hey, my local auto parts stores carry the NGK plugs. What about the cap, rotors, and wires? Honda OE is $$$$$, is there an alternative?

Mucho gracias!
Old 06-30-2017
Registered!!

Re: Oem quality parts for tune up (cap, rotors, wires)

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/h...butor+cap,7120

I found this site but a lot of the parts say "OEM" on it. I don't know if I should trust it. Is the rule of thumb for car parts "the higher the price, the higher the quality?"

There are 2 AIRTEX/WELLS O.E. Replacement models. 1 is for $7 the other is for $15. I don't see any difference besides parts number and price. WHAT?

EDIT

OKAY. I found out. One is ADVANTECH and only lasts 12 months/12k miles. The other lasts 3 years/36k miles.

EDIT #2

http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/h...une-up+kit,684

I found hitachi, aren't they an OEM manufacturer for HONDA? And also develop women play toys?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitachi_Magic_Wand

Last edited by eager2learn; 06-30-2017 at 01:10 AM.
Old 06-30-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

Hitachi is the original supplier for many honda distributor caps. I would not use airtex/wells on my car for any reason. They make the parts as cheap as they can in whatever 3rd world country is the cheapest.

Plug wires? I would find a set of sumitomo wires and use them. They were the original supplier and will last 200k miles unless something like a mouse eats them or they drown in oil in the spark plug tube.

You pay a little more for honda ignition parts, but then you don't have weird issues like cars that don't run in the rain which is very common on poor quality ignition parts.
Old 06-30-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mcnoople
Hitachi is the original supplier for many honda distributor caps. I would not use airtex/wells on my car for any reason. They make the parts as cheap as they can in whatever 3rd world country is the cheapest.

Plug wires? I would find a set of sumitomo wires and use them. They were the original supplier and will last 200k miles unless something like a mouse eats them or they drown in oil in the spark plug tube.

You pay a little more for honda ignition parts, but then you don't have weird issues like cars that don't run in the rain which is very common on poor quality ignition parts.
Thank you for your wisdom!

According to my research stock plug wires are the best!

Last edited by eager2learn; 06-30-2017 at 07:42 PM.