Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

97 civic hatch D15B VTEC problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Topimports is an unknown quantity at this point
97 civic hatch D15B VTEC problem

Hi everyone I have a 97 civic hatch with a d15b. VTEC kicks in at 5500 rpm, but sometimes it doesn't sound right. VTEC wouldn't kick in and it sounds like it's surging and dying while I'm flooring it. I'm not sure what the problem is. The car also surges at stops or in neutral. If you guys can help that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-17-2017
Registered!!

Arwine is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 97 civic hatch D15B VTEC problem

Not sure what ur problem is I have a question for u I noticed u hv a 97 hatch with a d15 swap I'm looking to do the same engine swap in my 96 hatch will that engine bolt rt up to the y7 tranny and what about the wiring and ecu was it all just plug and go or did u hv to use other means sorry cudnt answer ur question maybe u can mine thanks
Old 06-18-2017
Registered!!

Topimports is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 97 civic hatch D15B VTEC problem

Originally Posted by Arwine
Not sure what ur problem is I have a question for u I noticed u hv a 97 hatch with a d15 swap I'm looking to do the same engine swap in my 96 hatch will that engine bolt rt up to the y7 tranny and what about the wiring and ecu was it all just plug and go or did u hv to use other means sorry cudnt answer ur question maybe u can mine thanks
I'm not to sure if it will. I bought the car a couple weeks ago. The car doesn't have much power obviously lol. It does have the 3 stage vtec and the last part kicks in at 5,500 rpms. So far it's a good motor mine has an oil leak.