Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Oil leak

Old 05-12-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sour07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Oil leak

I need to know what part this is it's been leaking oil from here for a couple months. Its leaking from that cap in the pictures
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2517.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	89823   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2518.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	89824  
Old 05-12-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Oil leak

That's the VTEC valve and you can buy gaskets for it....maybe.....
Year? Trim? Engine? Tell me these and I'll see if I have Honda part numbers for the gaskets.

I know it's not a 2016 or newer car so Ima move this to 6th gen til you tell what this is.
Old 05-12-2017
Registered!!

im sorry its a 1993 Civic EX its the D16Z6 Engine I believe.

Last edited by Sour07; 05-12-2017 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-13-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

VTEC valve complete assembly is in box 10 ($$$, but it's been discontinued NLA), but you can buy just the gaskets that leak by themselves #13 and #15 for about 25 beans plus shipping from online dealers selling at wholesale prices

I picked a car that should be similar but you really need to build up your exact car and double check the part numbers I found for yourself (catalog link below)
#13:
15825-P08-005 filter assy, spool valve
#15:
36172-P08-005 gasket, solenoid base

There's also an O ring #25 but IDK if that's leaking, it's usually the two gaskets I listed above that gush oil by the gallon.

Honda parts catalog, online dealer link:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

(there are many others as well)
Pick out your exact car, this catalog pic is found under 'CYLINDER HEAD (2)'

Be real careful, if you lose any of the little parts when you take it apart, you're screwed.
Old 05-13-2017
Registered!!

Im going to try my luck with the local honda dealership see if they have those parts in stock. I built up my car and those part numbers came up for me aswell. So ill see tomorrow if they are open if not ill have to order them. Hopefully this fixes the leak.

Thanks for the info.

Search this Thread