Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

99 Civic Overheating in Traffic

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Datguyyogi is an unknown quantity at this point
99 Civic Overheating in Traffic

Hey everyone new to the forum and just purchased a 1999 Honda Civic and it's overheating in traffic. I drive an hour to work in the morning and the car doesn't have any issues, but then in the afternoon when it's warmer the car overheats at red lights. I've replaced the thermostat and made sure there's enough coolant. There is no smoke coming from the exhaust and the oil doesn't appear milky, so I don't think its a cracked head gasket. But not sure what else to try or do, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Old 05-11-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: 99 Civic Overheating in Traffic

Is the radiator fan coming on during the overheats or as it normally should?
Can test it by wiring 12v directly from battery.