Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

REPAIR ANY ACTUATOR - Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anzar Khan is an unknown quantity at this point
REPAIR ANY ACTUATOR - Instructions

When I bought my Honda Civic 2000 last year, the previous owner said the door lock is manual only, and central locking doesn't work. I took it to garage when I had some extra money to get it fixed. Estimation came out to be about $350. I didnt want to spend that much money on powered lock, which is a luxury not a need, for such an old car. I decided to work on it myself. Searching forums, I came to know about "actuators". I took the actuators out from my car(everything works as is even if you take them out) and have been working on them for last 3 weeks. Finally I got success in repairing one of the actuators, I was experimenting on. I found a hidden catch to fix the bad actuator in minutes if you are a little bit technical. Irrespective of the car make/model, the actuators functionality and engineering is same, so you can apply to fix any actuator by following the directions I will provide in this forum. I am working on a step by step with photos, to make it easier, and will post them in a few days here.