Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Urgent need id on size of exhaust bolt

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PierrePierre is an unknown quantity at this point
Urgent need id on size of exhaust bolt

98 Honda civic lx. Was hoping I could post pic. I am not super savvy but I am looking for the bolts size on the top part of the downpipe. I believe they are 13mm heads. There are three bolts that connect the down pipe or front pipe or exhaust pipe "a" (I've seen it called all 3). It is the first pipe coming off of the manifold And these bolts secure the pipe to the manifold. Mine are so rusted and rounded I am not sure of the size and I am trying some different methods of removing them with the limited tools I have. This is urgent bc I just moved to Texas, have very little money and need to register my vehicle in order to get a tx dl in order to apply for in state colleges. Also any tips on removing said bolts would be helpful. They are completely rusted and seized. The rust has rounded the heads as well. They can't be hacksawed. I'm going to try parafin wax with heat, pointed chisel and hammer in counter clockwise direction, filing flats back on and if worse comes to worst i will buy some turbo sockets. I have no compressor for impact and only basic tools. Please help and thank you
Old 06-17-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Urgent need id on size of exhaust bolt

The part numbers can be found on this page: http://estore.honda.com/honda/parts/...++04&dl=206925

As for removing the bolts, Scotty Kilmer has some advice:

Here's their website:
http://www.go2socket.com/
Old 06-17-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Urgent need id on size of exhaust bolt

another "not a DIY, i just want to ask questions on the DIY section"... moved!