Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2000 ex water in #1

Old 04-22-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blurat is an unknown quantity at this point
2000 ex water in #1

Im guessint this must be a headgasket issue but since I am not well versed in honda motors here are the facts.
Put in a new radiator 2 weeks ago, blew the heater hose under the distributor, changed that. Car runs smooth but no power so we have been checking cam gear timing, ig timing etc. Engine has 2000 miles since rebuild 6 or so mos ago.
180 psi in all cylinders and with the plugs out number one spits anti freeze. The other 3 holes had water contaminated plugs. When we cranked the engine at the last breakdown point it was cool to the touch but we kept getting pressure in the radiator.
Is there any chance there is an intake gasket that has water near that could be blown or are my suspissions correct with headgasket blown.
Thanks
Old 04-23-2013
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all
Re: 2000 ex water in #1

anitfreeze inside the spark plug well? would lead me to believe you have a cracked head.. not sure a blown gasket would let antifreeze into the well without oil being present also....

water could be from the intake gasket along with some other things..

do the wells have oil in them too?
Old 04-23-2013
Registered!!

Hi, thanks for the reply. The water is in the cylinder. When I have all the plugs out and crank the motor to do the compression check I can see water blow out of number one cylinder. Not a lot but enough I need to wipe off my glasses. There was water on ALL the plugs when we removed them, just No1 looke like it was spitting water out of the cylinder when we were doing a comp check.

Last edited by blurat; 04-23-2013 at 12:07 PM. Reason: added info
Old 04-25-2013

Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

Any chance this vehicle could have been part of a flood? I only ask because i usually see water spitting out like that after someone stales thier jeep out in a 4ft deep puddle.. Tho this is a honda so I doubt it went offroading.. LOl...

But yes if water is coming out when cranking I would lean toward the gasket, or even a warpped head..
Old 04-25-2013
Registered!!

Thanks, had the head shaved, it was 10k out. Putting it back together now.
Old 04-26-2013

Glad to hear you found the issue, looks like we were both right. nice