Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

door question

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZachhhIsLegend is an unknown quantity at this point
door question

Ok, so I am looking into buying two new doors due to questionable body work done by the previous owners (packed with body filler). Here is my question. If i buy two bare doors that have no internals or glass, but they were for use to have power windows howdifficult will it be to take my internals(manual windows) and pkace them in the other doors?
Any help here is greatly apprieciated
Old 01-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: door question

They should bolt up in the same places. You'll have to cut a hole for your crank. (that didn't sound quite right. lol) Strongly recommend a hole saw for that.

EDIT: Yeah, it looks like they bolt up in the same places: http://www.hondapartscheap.com/index...=DOOR%20WINDOW

Last edited by lazlong; 01-03-2012 at 11:02 PM. Reason: link
Old 01-04-2012
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

It will work as mentioned above but it also gives you the option to install power windows..
Old 01-04-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZachhhIsLegend is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok cool. Thank you for the help. Also how do I go about removing everything from inside the doors?
Old 01-04-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of

There's not a lot of stuff in there. Just take off the inner panel and start unbolting/unhooking everything and if you have any trouble just post up (pics work the best). If you think you won't remember how it goes back together then take pics beforehand.