Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Help!!! Problems with 3rd spark plug wire!!!

Old 04-25-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Help!!! Problems with 3rd spark plug wire!!!

I recently changed spark plugs and used the Bosch +4 plugs and also swapped out the wires which are Bosch as well. However I am still having trouble with the 3rd spark plug wire from the left still coming out of the engine block. I will push it down and it secures in place, then when I reach my destination whether it may be 1 mile or 20 miles away it is back out again. Could this be a piston or internal issue? check engine light not on.

I have checked the plugs and wire numerous times and both are still in good shape and intact. I have noticed oil around the ride side of the engine block and i've noticed a black streak on the hood underneath. I have noticed that it lags now when i shift into the next gear and noticed decreased feul mileage

I also haven't changed the pcv valve nor the fuel filter in a while - could this contribute in any way?