Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

???sssss about y7 pistons and y8 pistons

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sikciv00 is an unknown quantity at this point
???sssss about y7 pistons and y8 pistons

hey figured id try and ask a ? again i didnt get an answer b4 so i figured if i didnt this time im deleting this **** but i was jw what he diffrences are in the pistons between the y7 and the y8s if someone could help instead of just lookig at it my post id appreciate it id probly have better luck going to advanced or napa but please if any one know let me know thanks
Old 02-08-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: ???sssss about y7 pistons and y8 pistons

haha you won't have better luck going to advance or napa, they don't know anything at those places especially something that specific.

If you don't get a response to your thread just bump it or message a moderator, there are a lot of threads posted everyday and they don't always all get a response. Especially if it's a new members.

Here's a comparison of three very similar pistons.
The d15b7's pm3 piston is on the left, the d16y8's p2p piston is in the middle and on the right is the d16y7's p2e piston.
Name:  d15b7spm3pistonmiddled16y8sp2ppistond16y7sp2episton.jpg
Views: 6454
Size:  43.8 KB

d16y7 piston has the lowest compression, followed closely by the d16y8 and the d15b7 has the highest compression ratio. The rods are almost identical on the d16y8 and d16y7.

Last edited by MindBomber; 02-08-2011 at 12:41 AM.