I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Location of ECU on 2005 Si-G.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017
Huckin' Hippie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
redrocket87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Location of ECU on 2005 Si-G.

An alternator issue ( loose mount bolt) may have taken out my ECU so I'm was going to see if I can pull out my ECU and get an ID on it to start my search. I thought it was in behind the console, but then I saw it posted on another forum that it's in behind the Glove box. Before I start pulling things apart I want to start in the right place. It's a Canadian model 2005 Civic Si-G.
Old 11-20-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Location of ECU on 2005 Si-G.

looks to be behind the glove box according to the repair manual. you can probably see it if you stick your head under the dash on the passenger side. or pull down the glove box
Old 11-20-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Pry the two ears out of the glovebox sides so it can flop open all the way to the floor.
The ECM is behind there.

See this thread for more tips on getting it out
(cut the plastic strip)
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...emove-ecu.html

May as well replace cabin filters (pair) while you are up in therre too

Old 01-07-2018
Huckin' Hippie

Thanks Guys I appreciate it. Now I just have to see if I can find one to replace it! While I'm at it, where do I find the ID for the ECU so I can find a Match?

Last edited by redrocket87; 01-07-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-07-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redrocket87
Thanks Guys I appreciate it. Now I just have to see if I can find one to replace it! While I'm at it, where do I find the ID for the ECU so I can find a Match?
Part numbers are on the PCM, you'll see the stickers when you get it out

Or look it up in a Honda dealers online parts catalog (but it may not show the original numbers, only the most recent replacement numbers)
torontohondaparts.com
Old 01-09-2018
Huckin' Hippie

Thanks again EZONE! When I can get at it I'll check the numbers and call around a few wreckers to find a used unit, I've already have a garage that'll flash a used unit to my key!
Old 03-04-2018
Huckin' Hippie

OK I got a ECU that is an exact match and I'm going to get it Flashed and install it, but I can't find the link anywhere that shows how to ground the alternator with a wire to the block so if the bolt comes loose again I don't fry this ECU. Can anyone help? It was on the thread, but I can't find it!!!!
Old 03-04-2018

Originally Posted by redrocket87
OK I got a ECU that is an exact match and I'm going to get it Flashed and install it, but I can't find the link anywhere that shows how to ground the alternator with a wire to the block so if the bolt comes loose again I don't fry this ECU. Can anyone help? It was on the thread, but I can't find it!!!!
Just buy one and bolt it on?

Connect alternator housing to a solid ground, be it the block, trans, ground cable attachment points or the battery negative clamp itself