I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

chinese android double din stereo from ebay wont fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zeshan7616 is an unknown quantity at this point
chinese android double din stereo from ebay wont fit

Please help me anyone, i just got an android double din stereo from ebay which is china. It wont go through the double din dash kit because of the stereo being over sized. Any solution to this? Thanks and please reply
Old 09-14-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Originally Posted by zeshan7616
Please help me anyone, i just got an android double din stereo from ebay which is china. It wont go through the double din dash kit because of the stereo being over sized. Any solution to this? Thanks and please reply
Different stereo, or use a Dremel.
Old 09-14-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
Different stereo, or use a Dremel.
Thanks for getting back to me ..... Cant i make a custom dash kit or cant the stereo go in without installing the dash kit and just mount it?
Old 09-14-2015
Registered!!

Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Thanks for getting back to me ..... Cant i make a custom dash kit or cant the stereo go in without installing the dash kit and just mount it?
You can make it work without a dash kit, I wouldn't though, because the dash kits fit tightly and look clean, it would be hard to recreate that. Plus they are cheap.
Old 09-14-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: chinese android double din stereo from ebay wont fit

Thread moved.
Old 09-14-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

usually for double dins there's a bracket that screws into the side of the radio and then into the existing bracket. you have anything like that?

then you can get a trim ring like this to finish it off.
Amazon.com: Scosche Dash Kit for 2001 - 2005 Honda Civic Double Din: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Scosche Dash Kit for 2001 - 2005 Honda Civic Double Din: Car Electronics
Old 09-14-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by drhawkinz
usually for double dins there's a bracket that screws into the side of the radio and then into the existing bracket. you have anything like that?

then you can get a trim ring like this to finish it off. Amazon.com: Scosche Dash Kit for 2001 - 2005 Honda Civic Double Din: Car Electronics
I got the same thing as u sent me the link above the stereo is oversized and wont fit through it. So should i just install it without installing that kit or should i just return the stereo back ? I ordered this stereo from ebay and its a android double din. Please help me with this and wont the stereo look bad even if it fit without the dash kit? If any of u had done something like that please upload a pic or send it via PM. thanks!!!

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 09-15-2015 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Personal info removed by admin
Old 09-15-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,148 Likes on 802 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I removed your email. Use the forum's PM system.

We just don't want you coming back years later asking us to remove your email address
Old 09-15-2015
Registered!!

I got the same thing as u sent me the link above the stereo is oversized and wont fit through it. So should i just install it without installing that kit or should i just return the stereo back ? I ordered this stereo from ebay and its a android double din. Please help me with this and wont the stereo look bad even if it fit without the dash kit? If any of u had done something like that please upload a pic or send it via PM. thanks!!!
Just a thought, make sure that it doesn't just fit very tightly, I write this because my stereo seemed like it wouldn't fit at first, but i just had to massage it in and it seemed to get stuck until I gave it a shove and it popped right in. can you post pics of where it doesn't clear or how tight the space is?
Old 09-15-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen
Just a thought, make sure that it doesn't just fit very tightly, I write this because my stereo seemed like it wouldn't fit at first, but i just had to massage it in and it seemed to get stuck until I gave it a shove and it popped right in. can you post pics of where it doesn't clear or how tight the space is?
The dash kit is very small i tried shaving it with a razor lol it didnt worked out. I will also send u the pice of it as soon as i get bqck home. Also if u know any dash kit i can find for my 2001 civic like few inchs big then the previous one please send me a link. Thanks!
Old 09-15-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

2001? Thread moved again.