Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/21-i-c-e-audio-electrical-upgrades)
-   -   chinese android double din stereo from ebay wont fit (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/21-i-c-e-audio-electrical-upgrades/365228-chinese-android-double-din-stereo-ebay-wont-fit.html)

zeshan7616 09-14-2015 12:14 AM

chinese android double din stereo from ebay wont fit

Please help me anyone, i just got an android double din stereo from ebay which is china. It wont go through the double din dash kit because of the stereo being over sized. Any solution to this? Thanks and please reply

Mad Dog Tannen 09-14-2015 07:24 AM

Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Originally Posted by zeshan7616 (Post 4693257)
Please help me anyone, i just got an android double din stereo from ebay which is china. It wont go through the double din dash kit because of the stereo being over sized. Any solution to this? Thanks and please reply

Different stereo, or use a Dremel.

zeshan7616 09-14-2015 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen (Post 4693262)
Different stereo, or use a Dremel.

Thanks for getting back to me ..... Cant i make a custom dash kit or cant the stereo go in without installing the dash kit and just mount it?

Mad Dog Tannen 09-14-2015 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by zeshan7616 (Post 4693275)
Thanks for getting back to me ..... Cant i make a custom dash kit or cant the stereo go in without installing the dash kit and just mount it?

You can make it work without a dash kit, I wouldn't though, because the dash kits fit tightly and look clean, it would be hard to recreate that. Plus they are cheap.

ezone 09-14-2015 11:08 AM

Re: chinese android double din stereo from ebay wont fit

Thread moved.

drhawkinz 09-14-2015 04:23 PM

usually for double dins there's a bracket that screws into the side of the radio and then into the existing bracket. you have anything like that?

then you can get a trim ring like this to finish it off.

zeshan7616 09-14-2015 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by drhawkinz (Post 4693310)
usually for double dins there's a bracket that screws into the side of the radio and then into the existing bracket. you have anything like that?

then you can get a trim ring like this to finish it off. Amazon.com: Scosche Dash Kit for 2001 - 2005 Honda Civic Double Din: Car Electronics

I got the same thing as u sent me the link above the stereo is oversized and wont fit through it. So should i just install it without installing that kit or should i just return the stereo back ? I ordered this stereo from ebay and its a android double din. Please help me with this and wont the stereo look bad even if it fit without the dash kit? If any of u had done something like that please upload a pic or send it via PM. thanks!!!

xRiCeBoYx 09-15-2015 07:39 AM

I removed your email. Use the forum's PM system.

We just don't want you coming back years later asking us to remove your email address

Mad Dog Tannen 09-15-2015 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by zeshan7616 (Post 4693344)
I got the same thing as u sent me the link above the stereo is oversized and wont fit through it. So should i just install it without installing that kit or should i just return the stereo back ? I ordered this stereo from ebay and its a android double din. Please help me with this and wont the stereo look bad even if it fit without the dash kit? If any of u had done something like that please upload a pic or send it via PM. thanks!!!

Just a thought, make sure that it doesn't just fit very tightly, I write this because my stereo seemed like it wouldn't fit at first, but i just had to massage it in and it seemed to get stuck until I gave it a shove and it popped right in. can you post pics of where it doesn't clear or how tight the space is?

zeshan7616 09-15-2015 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Tannen (Post 4693359)
Just a thought, make sure that it doesn't just fit very tightly, I write this because my stereo seemed like it wouldn't fit at first, but i just had to massage it in and it seemed to get stuck until I gave it a shove and it popped right in. can you post pics of where it doesn't clear or how tight the space is?

The dash kit is very small i tried shaving it with a razor lol it didnt worked out. I will also send u the pice of it as soon as i get bqck home. Also if u know any dash kit i can find for my 2001 civic like few inchs big then the previous one please send me a link. Thanks!

ezone 09-15-2015 12:24 PM

2001? Thread moved again.