I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Head Unit Flickering

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EM2Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Head Unit Flickering

Hey guys, I have a 2002 coupe with an alpine deck. Just the other day when I turn on my parking lights and headlights, my deck display starts flickering. I can't turn on my deck or change any settings except for the volume.

In order for me to change a track, or anything else I have to turn of my headlights, and parking lights. Its been two years since I've had it installed and never had a problem like this.

If anyone has any insight or tips let me know. I will be pulling everything out tomorrow and checking the wiring.

Thanks
Old 06-07-2009
Registered!!

thenewdiabolic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Head Unit Flickering

possibly a ground gone bad? haha im not too sure, things like this im not too great with.
Old 06-07-2009
Registered!!

k thanks, I'll keep that in mind for tomorrow. About a month ago I did install an ipod cable..so it could be a possibility that something got loose when i pulled out the deck and now its got looser
Old 06-07-2009
Registered!!

BJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of light

Pull out the deck, remove the wiring harness and examine the wires. Make sure that no two wires are touching. Check the orange wires especially carefully.
Old 06-07-2009
Registered!!

ok cool. if i remember reading correctly somewhere, the orange wire has something to do with the dash dimmer switch.
Old 06-07-2009
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

"Most" aftermarket decks don't have the dimmer wire (my alpine does not), but it will be on your harness. Chances are its taped off just make sure the tape on it is not gone and the wire is not touching bare steel.

The other thing is to check your fuses for your lights, dimmer, etc. Even look under your hood, you never know it could just be a fuse blown or something like that. I've heard fuses do some wacky things in the civic.

Good luck!
Old 06-07-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

when u give the car gas and keep it steady does it still happen?