I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

needs some help on lights dimming because of sub and amp

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jkim1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
needs some help on lights dimming because of sub and amp

well i did do a search.. and i couldn't get a clear answer... it was half and half.. some say yes and some say no... so i wanted to get some more answers from you stereo genius.... anyways... i have a amp... and i am powering that 75x2 channel amp and bridged it to 150w to power up a 10" bazooka tube.... but recently i noticed that... at night.. when i have my headlights on... my headlight would dim as my bass would hit... and my interior lights such as my gauges would dim as the bass hits... i tried the search button.. and i thought capacitor would be the answer.. but do i really need a capacitor for a 150w amp... that power is so little... and also... some people say that capacitor did wonders.. and some say... it did little or no help at alll... so its not worth it.... what should i do? did i ground the amp wrong.. ? will the capacitor help? or will the capacitor really help? what should i do? any help will be appreciated.. thanks..
Old 08-27-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
do you really care that much about the dimming?
Old 08-27-2003
Registered!!

i don't really mind.. but it does get annoying time to time.. when you are behind someone and it seems like you are high beaming them or something.. so any solutions?
Old 08-27-2003
Registered!!

Connie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the roughConnie is a jewel in the rough
Something cheaper than a cap would be to rewire your amp with bigger guage wire. This should help and /or stop the dimming, it stopped the dimming on my amp when I rewired to 4 guage wire. The wire only cost about $60
Old 08-27-2003
Registered!!

doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
Originally posted by jkim1978
i don't really mind.. but it does get annoying time to time.. when you are behind someone and it seems like you are high beaming them or something.. so any solutions?
turn the music down when you are behind someone
Old 08-27-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
a capacitor for sure will cure that dimming. however, larger wire can never be a bad thing, and if you already have everythign installed, you can buy wire by the foot online, you can get a 20 foot length of 4 guage for less than 20 bucks off ebay, so that might be a good thing to try as well, and it certainly wont hurt, even if it doesnt fix yrou dimming.
Old 08-27-2003
Registered!!

turn the music down when you are behind someone
gee why didn't i think of that? come on guys... i need some help... a type of resolution... not no half answer remarks.... look first of all.. that would be the obvious thing i could have done.. but i didn't spend money on amps.. and some bass tubes.. so that i would have to turn the music down everytime at night when i am behind someone..... i'm not being ungrateful here and all.. if your intent was to help me out.. but that remark was pretty lame... and really elementary......

connie and whiterabbit.... thanks for the helpful suggestions.... right now i am running on 8 gauge power wires... i'll try your suggestions....
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
if you are bumping that hard at night you really are just being rude, not everyone likes your tunes. why are you concerned about "high beaming" when you don't seem to care about the music blaring?
Old 08-28-2003
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by DoubleDeuce2k2
if you are bumping that hard at night you really are just being rude, not everyone likes your tunes. why are you concerned about "high beaming" when you don't seem to care about the music blaring?
Suppose he is on the highway with the windows up? They wont be able to hear him, but his lights will be flashing, giving the effect of highbeaming someone.
Old 08-29-2003
Registered!!

first of all i'm not bumping my music that hard... and second of all... when i mean bass hits.. it doesn't mean i am bumping it hard so that everyone can hear me annoy them or something.. only when the bass is hitting slightly.... the lights start to dim....and lastly... i have one 10" bazooka bass tube.. and a 75x2 channel amp... how hard can that bump.... if you don't have any intelligent or informative things to say.. don't say anything at all... doubledeuce... listen to yourself..... "turn down the music" HELLO the music is already down... and when the bass starts to hit just a little bit... the lights starts to dim.. and also... even if i blast the music up in my car.... you can't hear crap outside.... its just that you can hear the bass ONLY when you are inside the car.. so i am not annoying anyone.... and once again.. how hard can one 10" bazooka bass tube hit with a 75x2 channel amp.....? ANYMORE INTELLIGENT COMMENTS? please... i say again... please.... no smart a$$ remarks or unintelligent remarks... people like you "doubledeuce" make other people in here not post any questions that others could really help..... why do you insist on writing these comments that is a stupid resolution and a obvious resolution that anyone could have thought of.... ? don't you think if i thought of the all mighty doubledeuce resolution of "turn down the music when you are behind someone" i wouldn't have posted my question, so that i wouldn't bother these other people who actually wrote some informative answers to my questions.... come on, let's not act like little immature jr high kids...... we are all mature and grown up and wants help on resolving a problem.....
Old 08-29-2003
ak
Retired Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

ak can only hope to improve
-Locked by request-

Not enough USEFUL replies...

Spend some money on a decent capacitor... I'm looking at the Lightning audio Digital 1 Farad series that run for about $75-125
Old 08-29-2003
Registered!!

kalipnoi can only hope to improve
do it like ak said, just get the lightning audio capacitor on ebay or something and your problems will be solved.