I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

how NOT to act at a shop

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
how NOT to act at a shop

so we got this guy the other week at my shop, he pays us $600 for a false floor box (check the My Civic forums shortly for pics) his 2k1 civic turns out GREAT. he got all his stuff online (boo) and had it all installed at best buy (double boo). all we did was tear out teh old box and build him a fiberglass flase floor box. SWEET stereo. well worth every peny of $600.

he brings it back the next day. He said "i drove it back, worked great, but when i turned the car on to show my friends, it didnt work."

we pulled the car in, the flase floor wasnt properly installed. it sure as hell was when he left, so somehow the floor must have magically lifted itself (yeah right) cause when asked, he told us he didnt lift it! (i really believe him) so what happened?

the ground had pulled out of the ring terminal, best buy did a shitty job of crimping it. we tell him its not our fault (its barely even best buys, its his friends ****ing fault) but regardless, after he bitches us out for awhile we get tired of it and figure its only regrounding. we do it and send him on his way.

he comes back AGAIN the NEXT day because now he has horrible horrible engine noise! we tell him when the ground pulled out the amp seached for a ground and pulled it through the RCA's, which fried his pioneer in dash dvd player plus screen all in one expensive unit that he had bought online with no warrantee. he told US that he took it to another shop (now he is trying to play shops agasint each other?) they replaced it with an identical pioneer and had the same problem. couldnt be the radio!

we tear out half his car to get his equipment (cause the bastage installed GAY diamond plating on teh floors of his car, so ugly and he couldnt pull teh seats, where his front amp was, we had to remove the side panels to get teh darn thing out, you know how much of a pain that is!)

several hours later and half his car all over the install bay, every piece of his car tests fine. what the hell?

so we crimp together a harness real quick and plug in an eclipse radio. no noise. there was a waste of a good 4-6 hours.

now he askes us if we can send it out for repair, and give him a loaner deck while its out. do you get loaner tires when you buy new ones?? **** no! he isnt going to put mileage on OUR store stock cause HE fried his radio! he is beginning to soften up now, we still ahvent blamed him for breaking his own ****, but i think he was starting to accept that it was his fault and felt bad for having us tear at his car for hours, wasting OUR time, OUR install bay space.

he limped home with a broken stereo, less pissed off than he came, cause he transferred all his pissed of ness to us. He did not let us do our job, he did not know how our install functioned, he tore at that which he should have left alone (why do you have us install if yoru just gonna dissect it?) and in teh end, he broke the most expensive piece of equipment in his car that he had no warrantee on (he was hoping it was his junky rockford amp, prolly cause he knew it was junk) and now has a killer showy instal in teh back of his car, bodykit and rims, sprngs, struts, a metal (GAY!) floor, more neon lighting than downtown tokyo, switches we cant even GUESS what function, and a broken stereo.

way to go, fellow 2k1 driver! (if you are actually in here, you needed to know the truth anyways) please let this be a lesson to anyone here, there is a code of conduct to act as a moral and decent person, you can not fool us, we built teh darn thing, we know when it has been tampered with. if your gonna just dissect our work, do it yoruself youll end up with teh same product. a broke stereo.
Old 04-13-2003
Registered!!

jefff is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear Rabbit.

sux when the dumbasses get the cash to sport such installs and not only make the car look like a disco ball with wheels, but don't respect the technology, and craftsmanship that went into it.
Old 04-13-2003
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
sounds like the guy knew just enough to make him a danger to himself.
Old 04-13-2003
Registered!!

Subrage is an unknown quantity at this point
well its a new learning experence for you to try and check the new deck. but that sucks that you ripped it out for nothin
Old 04-13-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
what subrage? I think you misunderstood my soapbox rant
Old 04-13-2003
Registered!!

Subrage is an unknown quantity at this point
n/m i mis-read the post.
Old 04-13-2003
Registered!!

thats ok, i made 3 really rude commends in My Civic forum then i realized i was in teh wrong forum
Old 04-14-2003
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
dam, i just hate when people blame other people for their problems...