I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

bass shakers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jkim1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
bass shakers?

have you guys heard anything about this bass shakers? cause i just bought some... the aura bass shakers pro... the one that handles 50w not 25w... and wondering if anybody has any positive thoughts on these shakers or negative ones.... just wanted to hear you guys out...
Old 04-02-2003
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
...is that the thing that you put under your seat and shakes???
Old 04-02-2003
Registered!!

yup..... its like the size of your palm...
Old 04-02-2003
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
...sounds good if your gonna have sex in your passengers seat
Old 04-02-2003
Registered!!

Siffolly is an unknown quantity at this point
if your subs werent loud nuff allready now your *** has to shake with the beat too wow thats just too much
Old 04-03-2003
Registered!!

custom2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Bass Shakers are awesome if your looking to go with SQ because they give you added low end to the front stage in your car.
Old 04-03-2003
Registered!!

finally some intelligent response....
thanks alot man... hey custom will this work well alone without a sub... cause i am getting this to substitute a sub in my trunk.... dont have a sub anymore.. and don't wanna go with a sub and a box again.. did that already.. and miss having my trunk space... that's why i decided to go with this...
Old 04-03-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by custom2k1
Bass Shakers are awesome if your looking to go with SQ because they give you added low end to the front stage in your car.
bass shakers do nothingsave rattle your frame. its teh same thing that many many many many many many many many members here have deemed their bane and dedicated thier free time to eliminate.

the add neither sound nor quality.

some people feel the need to feel the music rather than hear it. thats what they are for. nothing more.
Old 04-03-2003
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
and if you are looking for a replacement to a subwoofer, look into crazy ranged speakers for your cabin speakers, liek DD w6's or im told kodas as well.

or you cna try modification if you really are looking for some low end wihout losing trunkspace, like 8's in kicks or in a modified rear deck.

but DD's in teh right install can play down to 50 Hz, and thats only a 6.5 inch speaker.
Old 04-03-2003
Registered!!

Excuse me let me rephrase. Bass Shakers ARE good for SQ. They trick your mind into thinking you are hearing low bass sounds when what it is really doing is just creating the vibrations associated with low frequency bass sounds.

I have worked with these before when building SQ cars and know quite a bit about the Aura product being that the owner of the shop I used to work at was the NE Regional Aura Sales Rep and we had more Aura product in the shop then anything.

Unfortunatly they are nowheres near the effect of replacing subs in the trunk.
Old 04-03-2003
The LA Clipper

when I was 17 (9 years ago) I said to my friend, "hey, have you heard about those things that shake that you put under you seat"...and his reply to me, " I can get you some Urban Audio enclosed 12"s brand new off the street for $25 each...so I rolled with 2 Urban Audios for a few years

Old 04-03-2003
Registered!!

Excuse me let me rephrase. Bass Shakers ARE good for SQ. They trick your mind into thinking you are hearing low bass sounds when what it is really doing is just creating the vibrations associated with low frequency bass sounds.

I have worked with these before when building SQ cars and know quite a bit about the Aura product being that the owner of the shop I used to work at was the NE Regional Aura Sales Rep and we had more Aura product in the shop then anything.

Unfortunatly they are nowheres near the effect of replacing subs in the trunk.
let me REAPEAT myself. bass shakers have NOTHING to do with SQ, as "SQ" is accurate reproduction of music, which has nothing to do with rattling yrou frame. music was meant to be HEARD and not FELT, PERIOD. they are a **** poor substitution for real sound, and should not be bought for any reason, for "SQ".

creating vibrations actually LOWERS "SQ" as you introduce new resonances and rattles that, unless im mistaken, are not intended by the recorder.

as to yoru claim of building SQ cars and such, i should follow with a favorite quote from an audio guru i look up to,

"No man who had truly had such accomplishments and financial cushioning to support such education and equipment would be so lacking in ego that they felt they had to stress how qualified they were in terms of things they owned, and paper certificates...Rather than being able to prove their worth by displaying knowledge."

you can talk about yoru achievements all you want, but you tell me you really have no idea about "SQ" (which is far from subjective) and its relation to bass shakers (and NOT aura as a company, which isnt even an issue) by giving us the "knowledge" that bass shakers are good for accurate musical reproduction.

the fact is, the most accurate reproduction of MUSIC involves no vibrations whatsoever, as music is meant to be heard, and vibrations quite frankly have very little to do with it.

bass shakers were designed for one purpose, marketing. like windhield wiper LED's, electronic blow off valve, blinking LED's to replace alarm systems, tey have their function! for sure!

but bass shakers have nothing to do with sound quality. htye have to do with a specific user enjoying his own daily driver stereo more by rattling the car.

i will repeat, there are many of us here in this forum who have spent weeks trying to REMOVE rattles and reonances (see the sticky thread at the top of the forum if you dont believe me) rather than using mechanicla devices to add more.

so, for the third time, ill repeat myself. bass shakers ahve nothing ot do with SQ, although that does not neccsarily make htem undesireable.

if youd like to continue discussing aura in general , make another thread or PM me, im definitely a fan of aura, especially after hearing their reference component set. but that has no basis here in this thread concerning bass shakers, and bas shakers alone.
Old 04-03-2003
Yup, i'm an A$$hole.

Mystic3030 has a spectacular aura aboutMystic3030 has a spectacular aura about
And with that, the great WR has spoken.
Old 04-03-2003
The LA Clipper

WR, I agree with most of your post, but I disagree with one aspect of you post...which is the point that you make below:

Originally posted by WhiteRabbit
l
the fact is, the most accurate reproduction of MUSIC involves no vibrations whatsoever, as music is meant to be heard, and vibrations quite frankly have very little to do with it.

Many musicians intend for their music to be heard, AND also felt. Bass and the thumping feeling and vibration of your chest and eardrums is intended by many of today's music producers (especially club music like rap, rap, and electronic music).

However, I agree that ideal music is free of the rattling that cars can produce....but feeling the bass IMO is an essential part of musical reproduction. Bass adds that extra dynamic to music that appeals to just your sense of sound, but also you sence of touch (feeling)

When you go to a club or a concert you not only hear the music, but you also feel the music. This is why people think of bass (and having subs) as such an important element of reproducing music. Music would just not be right if it was just what you can hear, and not what you feel. I have Never been to a club or a concert without being able to feel the music.

So IMO, music is not only meant to be heard, but it is many times meant to be felt.
Old 04-03-2003
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
fonto, SQ is different than what a musician wants. 99% of musicians i know, including myself, would HAAAAAAAAAAAATE SQ setups. The goal in the SQ world is to make music as accurate as possible according to a computer. To get every note to the exact same loudness according to a silly little machine (RTA), when in reality, the human ear has absolutely no semblance of flat response or perfect sound. I myself have argued my *** off with a few SQ judges and competitors about this. You can also bring the argument of rearfill into it. I know when I've written songs with bands, while we're sitting in the recording studio tweaking the mixing, every single time we changed something we would bring it out to the car and crank the ****er. Musicians don't sit around tweaking music with an RTA. Enjoying music and reproducing music perfectly is a whole different thing.

As to you my "aura bass shaker" man, the aura creates no real sound, only vibration. How are you to measure that on an RTA?
Old 04-03-2003

alex053 will become famous soon enough
I have had a chance to experience the Aura Bass Shakers in bmw that we did a full 5.1 system in (boston pros all around off Rockford amps with two HX2 12's, panasonic source and video) and compared the before and after. I found them to do the job they advertised. They did shake the seat to the beat. It did provide the sensation of "bass up front" if that means a sub firing into my sack. I dont know of any artist that writes music and thinks " I really want the bass drum to sound like the listener is sitting on the speaker" My opinion would be that they may work in some systems or fool somebody that doenst know what they are listening for but over all the money and time installing would be better spent on better midbass speakers, more power to your midbass, adjusting phase and aiming, or even some eq. There are things you can do and items you can buy to acctually increase midbass and the "bass up front" sound rather than trying to trick your ear.
Old 04-03-2003
Registered!!

First of all I do not have bass shakers in my car.

Second in my rephrased statment nowhere did I say they produced accurate musical reproduction. They are used to trick your mind into hearing something that isn't there.

But anyway, jkim try em out and see what you think. Its your car so its what you think that matters.

I'm thru arguing, obviously I don't have the "knowledge".
Old 04-03-2003
The LA Clipper

Second in my rephrased statment nowhere did I say they produced accurate musical reproduction. They are used to trick your mind into hearing something that isn't there.
Do you mean trick your mind into hearing OR Feeling what is not there
Old 04-03-2003
Registered!!

Yes fonto exactly. Dont want anyone to go off again.
Old 04-03-2003
The LA Clipper

Yes fonto exactly. Dont want anyone to go off again.