I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Some specific, some hard questions, need input and help

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rowdyb7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Some specific, some hard questions, need input and help

Ok I have a 01 civic lx coupe. I have the factory tape/radio player and I have underneath it the optional cd player for the lx. I have Infinity Ref 6.5s and Polk dx 6x9s in the back. In the trunk i have an Infinity Bass link.

got some problems though.

1. I feel like the cabin speakers are underpowered. I would like a 4 way amp for them, but I must use the factory cd/radio. It that possible and what would you recommend. How would you wire it.

2. I have lots of rattling in the interior panels. Your cure? (soundproofing) if so what type and were to place it. The door panels rattle and the rear deck rattle. I have the Inf Refs on 1 inch spacers, is that too much??

3. The Infinity Bass Link in the back is wired to the battery, ground, and tapped into the rear speakers, which works fine for the most part. If I turn up the bass boost on the sub then when I turn off the car the sub starts like getting feedback and makes a really loud low bass noise. Is this a bad ground, too small ground/ power or what. I would like to be able to turn up the boost so i can turn down the bass on the interior speakers.

Fat mat? any reviews on this company?

Thanks for answering any or all of my questions. If part can be found by searching sorry but I just need some good explanations not a hassel. You guys are great thanks in advance.
Old 01-07-2003
The LA Clipper

fonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to allfonto is a name known to all
fatmat is the bomb!!! but it will not cure all of your rattles. Our rides have rattles everwhere!

for the amp question, there are some amps that have what are called speaker level inputs. These allow you to hook up your speaker outputs from your headunit to the amp, then from your amp to your speakers. These work, but the singnal to noise ratio may not be as good as using an RCA HU output.
Old 01-07-2003
Registered!!

oh really thanks, i know it wont be ideal but thats ok I will have to look into that. Just need an amp that works with the factory head ya know... THANKS tho

any other comments would be appeciated, trying to keep the cost down on the system
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
put something between your rear deck and the car. i used the rubbermaid stuff for shelves and it no longer rattles. 3 rolls for $5, used 2 rolls, no more annoying noise from about 40-300 Hz.

fatmat will not only help rattles, it will make your speaks sound slightly louder too, so you get a 2 for one there. just amping would make rattels worse....
Old 01-08-2003
Registered!!

good tips thanks!!