I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Putting a sub behind wheel wells in trunk

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toca is an unknown quantity at this point
Putting a sub behind wheel wells in trunk

does anyone have a pic of this. I've seen it before i know the space is kinda small. Maybe i coul put 10's there but it think it would look nice if it was done right. ( Put subs in the corners of the trunk near the tail lights near the wheel well) . I wanna do this because a box it too big and if you put it where the spare tire is i know when i put my golf clubs in the trunk i'll mess it up. Any suggestions on materials. I dont want to go to an audio place too poor. Gotta do it myself.
Old 12-11-2002

WD40 is an unknown quantity at this point
I mounted my 10" Infinity Basslink in that pocket area. I love it.

I'll try to get some pics soon.
Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
thats where we plan to install my friend's 10w7, but he owns a mustang. If he opts for a fiberglass setup, ill be sure to take tons of pics (like i always do [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] ) and show you exactly what i did and why. but yeah, it absolutely can be done, check out allman's civic, he has an 8" in an MDF box back there.
Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

Thanks! Allmans's is al right but its not really flush.. I want to put may like 10's it those are and make them flushed and then recarpet them. i think it would look nice and weaigh a lot less then putting a box. How much sub do you really need?
Old 12-11-2002
i boogie for the raindrops

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LudlamTheory is an unknown quantity at this point
what do you mean by "how much sub do you really need" ?
like how much space? all depends on the speaker... you could get a 10" idq and fit it in a tiny tiny box...
Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

[hr]Originally posted by: LudlamTheory
what do you mean by "how much sub do you really need" ?
like how much space? all depends on the speaker... you could get a 10" idq and fit it in a tiny tiny box...[hr]
what i mean is I know you can't fit a 12 in those corners. You can prob fit a 10. 2 10s are plenty of sub for a sound system if you don't enter in competitions and stuff. I just want it to look clean. I really just wanna know what kinda of material i can use to create it. Maybe fiberglass or somthing I dunno how har it is just curious.
Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
i can fit a 15 on each side......

it all depends how much modification you want to get into. allman decided he just wanted to go MDF (i assume its all mdf) so an 8 was teh largest woofer he could fit within reason..... there was a thread abotu it a long time ago

get into fiberglass, pull out from the corners a bit, drill into the sides for a mount point, make sure the edges of the box flow right into the trunk boundaries, you can easily fit a 15 per side. guaranteed. much less 12's.

as to what is easiest to do, you probbaly wont be able to fit even an 8" in there if you want it flush. even allmans box sticks out a little. I use that space to mount my relays and D-blocks, and its almost not enough space.

maybe i cant envision what you are thinking, but good luck
Old 12-11-2002
Registered!!

Strychnine is an unknown quantity at this point

Click me

I think thats the link. Their member pages are down right now. This guy has flush mount 10's in his car, I'm thinking of doing the same, jocking his style, but I'm not sure how hard the fiberglass would be to work with. Have to experiment I guess. I'll check back later and make sure thats the right link.

-Rob
Old 12-11-2002
Ed
Registered!!

Ed will become famous soon enoughEd will become famous soon enough
ROB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2002
Registered!!

YEAAHHH!! [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

Thanks!!That exactly what i want! But mine will look nicer
Old 12-13-2002
Registered!!

Strychnine is an unknown quantity at this point
ED!!!!!!!!!! You promised me that trip to mexico!! We would put romeo and juliet to shame, you told me! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

anywho, NP toca, glad to help, I'm looking into doing the same project myself, just need to find someone who will help me fiberglass