I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Music Level

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flash31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Music Level

Hey, I'm getting sick of my stock honda radio because I can never find the right volume. One notch it will be too loud and if I go lower a notch, it'll be too quiet. I can never find the perfect level. I was wondering if getting another car radio will fix this? Or is there an easier way?
Old 11-12-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
buy a new cd player
i recomend pioneer

INJEN
Old 11-12-2002
Registered!!

OmegaBlue2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Pioneer definitely, works great with the stock pioneer speakers. Go with the Premier model of whatever headunit you want, you will thank yourself later. And definitely go thru eBay, but make sure your getting a enw in box, not refurbished, youll never get a better price in the store even with the shipping charges.
Old 11-12-2002
em2

sspem2 has a spectacular aura aboutsspem2 has a spectacular aura about
and some 10's or 12's and an amp
Old 11-12-2002
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
pioneer 4100 headunit or above is good. i got a 6400 headunit along with the rest of my stereo is pioneer including xm radio. i highly recommend it. everything has been replaced in my car and its all pioneer now. check out member ride for more details if you want.

INJEN
Old 11-12-2002
Registered!!

AFlyer is an unknown quantity at this point
alpine cda-7892 is a great one as well, for a decent price. i personally prefer alpine over pioneer, i think it sounds better.
Old 11-12-2002
Premium Boosted Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: OmegaBlue2k1
Pioneer definitely, works great with the stock pioneer speakers. Go with the Premier model of whatever headunit you want, you will thank yourself later. And definitely go thru eBay, but make sure your getting a enw in box, not refurbished, youll never get a better price in the store even with the shipping charges.[hr]
I'd hate to say it but our systems are Alpine stock, not Pioneer. Still, the stock EX speakers sound great to me. but I purchased a pioneer deck. I swear by them, my mom, stepdad, all my bros have Pioneer...not one problem to this date.
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

Weaponx12o is on a distinguished road
i have a pioneer deck in my car... i also replaced the rear speakers wit better pioneers... it sounds great
Old 11-15-2002
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
[hr]Originally posted by: MadWheel
[hr]Originally posted by: OmegaBlue2k1
Pioneer definitely, works great with the stock pioneer speakers. Go with the Premier model of whatever headunit you want, you will thank yourself later. And definitely go thru eBay, but make sure your getting a enw in box, not refurbished, youll never get a better price in the store even with the shipping charges.[hr]
I'd hate to say it but our systems are Alpine stock, not Pioneer. Still, the stock EX speakers sound great to me. but I purchased a pioneer deck. I swear by them, my mom, stepdad, all my bros have Pioneer...not one problem to this date.[hr]

umm stock speakers are PIONEER not ALPINE
and i have pioneer premier deh-840mp with stock speakers. sounds pretty nice .
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-15-2002
Registered!!

Abstract is an unknown quantity at this point
stock speakers are pioneer, but I find it funyn that someone said that a Pioneer CD player works great with our stock Pioneers. It doesn't make a difference what brands they are.
Old 11-16-2002
Premium Boosted Member

I said Alpine because two salesmen at the dealership told me all they do is request certain functions from the soundsytem form Alpine and Alpine makes it for them to put in their cars.
Old 11-16-2002
Registered!!

dups is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]I said Alpine because two salesmen at the dealership told me all they do is request certain functions from the soundsytem form Alpine and Alpine makes it for them to put in their cars. [hr]
Alpine makes the stock CD player for Honda. But every stock speaker in your civic is made by pioneer.
Old 11-16-2002
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
It doesn't really matter anyways. The cones on the speakers are paper and the deck doesn't put out any power. BTW, I think Alpine makes good decks, and I am a big fan of Kenwood eXcelon.
Old 11-16-2002
Premium Boosted Member

"Alpine makes the stock CD player for Honda. But every stock speaker in your civic is made by pioneer. "

Thank-you! It all makes sense now haha
Old 11-17-2002
Registered!!

doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
70% of my civic comes from the us, car was assembled in ohio...

but it's a japanese car [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

pioneer is nice. good power, nice price, and the built in EQ is one of the best for the $
Old 11-17-2002
Registered!!

Mbow is an unknown quantity at this point
I had my Alpine 7894 running my stock speakers for about a month or so. I thought they sounded pretty darn good for stock.

Anyhow, I know what you mean about the volume. Just get a whole new cd player and that will solve that problem and SQ will noticeably be improved.

Pioneer is definately a good name. They have good marketing and established the brand's identity a long time ago. I feel like alpine offers better SQ as well as clarion. You could go with an eclipse but imo, you'll need one of the $500-600 dollar units to make that brand worth it - IMO. I don't feel the difference in SQ is worth the extra money over something like an alpine.

Anyhow, just get a mainstream brand and you'll be fine. Be careful though, a new cd player can lead to new speakers, amp, woofer, etc....you might get bit..
Old 11-18-2002
Extreme Member

ZSKCivic01 is an unknown quantity at this point
All it really comes down to is the Alpine HU and the Pioneer HU. Both are great. I would just go with which ever unit, poineer or alpine, looks best. Definately get you HU off ebay though. I got my Alpine CDA-7893 off ebay for under $300 w/ shipping and the unit goes for atleast $380 anywhere else, EBAY KICKS @$$.