I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Deck relocation question

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quiksilver09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Deck relocation question

Don't know if anybody has done this but I want to drop my new deck down from the stock location to just below that so I can mount my V-AFC just above my cd player. Reason for this is I have the Pioneer DEHP8400MP with the two faces and I'd mount my controller under my deck except for the fact that the face drops down first and then slides out so my controller would get in the way of either the cd face or my ac/rear defrost controls. I'm going to have the plastic piece I'm going to use for this routed out on a CNC router so that's not a problem, but I don't want to go to the trouble of pulling everything out and putting everything new in to find out my deck won't fit. If anybody knows or has tried this let me know.
Old 09-17-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
vtec controller is bigger than din sized, wont fit in a double din spot shared with a single din headunit.

id install the vtec controller by the drink holders, or in teh cig lighter spot, or in the console.

or in the map pocket, tho thats been done before.
Old 09-17-2002
Registered!!

Quiksilver09 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok thanks for the info although I wasn't looking to actually install the controller within the dd hole. I just wanted to move my cd player down and know if that's possible, and then I was going to mount the VAFc on the open area of the plastic I'm having routed out. Basically my question is would it be possible to just move the cd player down or is there stuff in the way?
Old 09-17-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
once the mounds are fabricated, it should be easy to throw it down there.