I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

ALPINE HU vs. Pioneer HU

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dticalman is an unknown quantity at this point
ALPINE HU vs. Pioneer HU

Which headunit is better for around the same prices...and which provides clear crisp sound? Which Brands would u guys prefer between these two companies.. Im getting mixed opinions of these companies from other forums.but most of the vote is towards Alpine. Is Alpine really that Good of a headunit? maybe i should have gotten an Alpine instead of a Pioneer? someone help me
Old 08-07-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay..you'll always always get mixed reviews....it's a matter of preferance both are solid companies with great HU's.. you may also want to look into CLarion, Eclipse, and Nakamichi..
Old 08-07-2002
Ben
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ben is an unknown quantity at this point
Really depends on what models your talking about if your really comparing them. one thing i hate about my alpine is that its sub crossover stops at 80 where my old pioneer went to 50 and it always sounded better at 50. but i have a 15 so thats prob why. plus the pioneer has the pretty display and all. but the alpine does sound very clean and its outputs on the model i got are better then my old unit with very good rca outputs. really depends on your application. also my pioneer sucked with mp3's where the alpine works better