I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Never going to Tweeter EVER AGAIN! (please read if considering them)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuerza is an unknown quantity at this point
Never going to Tweeter EVER AGAIN! (please read if considering them)

Just thought I would share my experience with everyone...

I first bring my car to get a Clifford Concept 100 installed there - they say they can do the install next day, and for me to bring it in the night before. So I drive out there with a buddy (to drive me back) and the installer tells me that he gave up the install bay to someone else because I didn't put any money down! WTF? All he had to do was tell me I had to do that, and I would have given him my CC! He now tells me the next opening isn't for 2 weeks - screw that!

So I call another Tweeter in my area, and they say they can do it so we schedule an install for Sunday. I also schedule an install for rear speakers because I don't want to remove the seats and deck myself. I get there, and they start the install. The come out and tell me they need to order an extra interface module (or something) and it would be in in 1-2 days, but they would still install the speakers. Fine, I can understand that. So they do the install on the speakers, and I am expecting a call in 1-2 days. Come Wednesday, when the guy told me that would be the latest it would come in, I call in, and he says, "let me check on that". He doesn't call me back, and takes the next two days off!

I was getting very frustrated so I decided to check the quality of my install - The third brake light wasn't working, and neither was my rear right speaker! I go in there all pissed and my guy tells me "my part is in, but we don't have any installs open for another week". So I schedule that - I'm wondering if the damn part is even in yet, or if he just told me that because he promised me 1-2 days, blew me off for another 3 days, because he knows he has another week to cover his a$$.

They are refunding me the install on the speakers, though, and will "fix" it when they install the alarm (if that ever happens...)

Moral of the story: One Tweeter store screwed me, fine that could be a fluke... But two? Never again...

Thanks for listening
Old 07-21-2002
Registered!!

djlunatic is an unknown quantity at this point
with car stereo i always diy. then u can only blame yourself for the problems, and take credit when it is done. in addition, be careful of who does your installation. they know your car, they know your license plate, and chances are they know your address. combine this with the knowldge and tools to install & remove your equipment and you could have a problem. the only element missing from the equation is someone @ the merchant willing to steal your equipment, or even a friend of a friend who is shady. the diy and knowledge is here to help you Fuerza. don't take the chance or getting your ride broken into.
Old 07-21-2002
Registered!!

djlunatic is an unknown quantity at this point
you save money too...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 07-21-2002
Registered!!

InanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enoughInanimateCarbonRod will become famous soon enough
I've bought stuff from them, but never had them install anything. Sales service has always been first rate. I guess I won't let them do any installs. I usually DIY anyways.

FYI, the Tweeter's in our area were former United Audio stores and Douglas TV stores. Both were first rate retailers. But like I said, I've never had them do any mobile audio installs.
Old 07-21-2002
Registered!!

NeoMagus is an unknown quantity at this point
noted.

Like they say, screw one person in retail and you screw all their friends, and their friends, and their friends....
Old 07-21-2002
End Bringer

Voiceofid is an unknown quantity at this point
i usually walk into the install bay and watch them do the installs on my car
Old 07-21-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
if this happened at my shop, the installer AND the salesman would have been fired. not thought twice about it. and that kind of firing, you dont work in the industry again, other shops DO talk amongst themselves......
Old 07-21-2002
Registered!!

Fuerza is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for the replies everyone

I just hope that this shows all the installers out there how important customer service really is...

I don't know how many people have read this thread, but I can guarantee that for those who have, anyone else who even mentions Tweeter will get a rehash of this story

like the previous post said - if you screw someone in retail, you screw their friends, and their friends, etc.

white rabbit - do you work at a tweeter? or a custom shop?

Thanks again everyone
Old 07-21-2002
Saj
Registered!!

Saj is an unknown quantity at this point
NEVER leave your car un-attened, least i wouldn't. I bought a head unit @ curcuit city and it was free installation so i was like what the heck. So I stand at the bay and and he starts to take the factory HU out. I notice the car starts to slide back and it then it started to roll back. I jump the customer area and dive where they are working. I get behind my car and push it so it dosent hit the garge door. The person intalling says, whoops forget the e-brake. Some people r stupid.
Old 07-21-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
i work at lombards, we have three stores up and down the state.

the two installers here know more about installation than www.installdr.com. name a car, tey will tell you alarm wires, speaker sizes, how to take out teh dash, whether it has an internal amplifier, everything.

its why i get so pissed of when people give me links like this one
Old 07-22-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
47 bucks for that?
no thank u.
Old 07-22-2002
Support your local 81

bhaz413 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Fuerza
Just thought I would share my experience with everyone...

I first bring my car to get a Clifford Concept 100 installed there - they say they can do the install next day, and for me to bring it in the night before. So I drive out there with a buddy (to drive me back) and the installer tells me that he gave up the install bay to someone else because I didn't put any money down! WTF? All he had to do was tell me I had to do that, and I would have given him my CC! He now tells me the next opening isn't for 2 weeks - screw that!

So I call another Tweeter in my area, and they say they can do it so we schedule an install for Sunday. I also schedule an install for rear speakers because I don't want to remove the seats and deck myself. I get there, and they start the install. The come out and tell me they need to order an extra interface module (or something) and it would be in in 1-2 days, but they would still install the speakers. Fine, I can understand that. So they do the install on the speakers, and I am expecting a call in 1-2 days. Come Wednesday, when the guy told me that would be the latest it would come in, I call in, and he says, "let me check on that". He doesn't call me back, and takes the next two days off!

I was getting very frustrated so I decided to check the quality of my install - The third brake light wasn't working, and neither was my rear right speaker! I go in there all pissed and my guy tells me "my part is in, but we don't have any installs open for another week". So I schedule that - I'm wondering if the damn part is even in yet, or if he just told me that because he promised me 1-2 days, blew me off for another 3 days, because he knows he has another week to cover his a$$.

They are refunding me the install on the speakers, though, and will "fix" it when they install the alarm (if that ever happens...)

Moral of the story: One Tweeter store screwed me, fine that could be a fluke... But two? Never again...

Thanks for listening[hr]
I got my concept 600 installed there and had no issues. a clean install, everything worked like a charm.
Old 07-23-2002
Registered!!

dickdaney is an unknown quantity at this point
When I was new to the game i got screwed by Tweeters in greenville, sc AND Freemans car stereo in greensboro, NC. Then I learned how to do the **** myself and have not had problems with anything since. In fact the only people that didn't screw me was Best Buy. I had them install my 6x9's before i knew how to DIY. They guy at best buy had a 6G Civ so he new what he was doing with my 7G. DIY AND ordering online is the best was to go. It'll take more time, but it's nothing compared to the money you'll save and the satisfaction you get from knowing how every wire, cap, fuse, xover, and harness isconnected in your ride. Picture paying $1200 for equipment and ANOTHER $200 for an install. You can take that money and put some more stuff in the ride. just my opinion though. If your not confident about DIY then get a close friend who has a good system and buy him a whopper combo.
Old 07-23-2002
JJF
Registered!!

JJF is an unknown quantity at this point
DIY is the best way to go, unless you don't have the knowledge base. I don't have a problem letting people watch me work on their cars as long as they don't get in the way, or offer stupid suggestions. If you do take your car to a shop, ask the installer if you can watch, most of us should have to much of a problem with that.
Old 07-24-2002
Registered!!

EternalVTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
ive always had excellent service there, ive had a HU installed there, and have bought parts there, never any problems. im getting a competition system done, and theyre installing it. im confident in them. ive seen pics, and trust the salesman, the only one i work with there. but if i was in your situation, i would do the same thing