I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Rattling rear deck...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dups is an unknown quantity at this point
Rattling rear deck...

Well I've already searched some and found a little bit on this but my problem seems to be only on the passenger side by the pillar that separates the rear window from the passenger rear side window... it rattles around there on the rear deck. I found the service bulliten and called my dealer and they gave me a hard time about fixing it cause they say it only deals with rough roads and they're going to make me reproduce it which I can't ALWAYS do but most of the time I can. Dealer was kind of a jerk.... Plus I was told that since I replaced the rear speakers with 3-way pioneer 6x9's that it voids the warranty so to speak on that part of the car and that they won't do it for free now. What do I do? Is there a fix I can make for this myself? Dynomat or something? Its just really starting to get on my nerves and I want to get it fixed! Please help!

Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

civic510 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, vibration dampening material should work.
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

neoretromax is an unknown quantity at this point
i say if u can hear the rear deck rattling, then you got to turn the stereo up. stupid answer, i know, but hey does anyone drive with the stereo off?
Old 06-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
For Starters..forget dynamt entorely..it's it retardedly overpriced. Look into Raammat or Brown Bread..it's better than Dynamat Premium and cost les than half the price.

2nd. The rattling is caused by plastic making contact with metal. Damping material stops panels from resonating. Not from 2 pieces clanging together. Just sacrifice and old towel or an old sweatshirt, Remove the rear deck, and tape down some sweater material.. or 1/4" Foam anywhere plastic your make contact with metal..

This will take car of the problem for ya.

Cheers
Mohawk