I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Dual 12s in civic

Old 07-05-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matthew Jackson is an unknown quantity at this point
Dual 12s in civic

I got a 1000 watt amp and dual 12s they are JL's and I'm gonna indtall them soon is this enough power for my stock electrical system to push??
Old 07-05-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Dual 12s in civic

Install and see how it does. There are a few factors that come into play but a high output alternator will probably be needed for best performance.
Old 07-05-2019
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Matthew Jackson
I got a 1000 watt amp and dual 12s they are JL's and I'm gonna indtall them soon is this enough power for my stock electrical system to push??
Two issues..
1 - Your “ stock” electrical system has a 100amp main fuse for everything.
So do not connect that amp to any part of the stock system. You need to run dedicated power wires.
2 - alternator output
Not only is your factory alternator not able to supply that level of power, your PCM monitors electrical load for the stock wiring but would be clueless to how much power is being used by the amp so it won’t increase alternator output as your cranking it up.
Old 07-05-2019
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

On another note, the panel adhesive used by the factory to seal all the seems has long ago gone brittle all that shaking now very well might lead to water leaks.
Old 07-10-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kydd_dos is an unknown quantity at this point

long as it's a class D amp you should be fine.
might want to consider the big 3 upgrade.