I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

INFINITY PERFECT 12 BLOWN AFTER 2 months.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stillmatik23 is an unknown quantity at this point
INFINITY PERFECT 12 BLOWN AFTER 2 months.....

does anyone have any suggestions on what type of sub i can get for around $700 canadian ....i am looking for a pair....so i want something that slams when i need it to slam..but SQ is a definite must....i went for the perfect 12's cause i got a sweet deal from one of my boyz....but the damn thing has blown already...i am running it off a JBL 1200.1 amp..which is what most ppl use...but i am looking around for a new sub?? any suggestions?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-21-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SurrealCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
hey,

I have a pair of 12" MTX Thunder 8000 subs, they are amazing subs. I just don't have the money to get an amp.. If you want to buy these..
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
$700 Canadian.. Imagage Dynamics IDMAX!!!!!! $750 retail.. bring cash a shop will sell for $700...it'll handle all the power that amp will put out...rattle your car..and give you eargasms..
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

Vinas is an unknown quantity at this point

<< does anyone have any suggestions on what type of sub i can get for around $700 canadian ....i am looking for a pair....so i want something that slams when i need it to slam..but SQ is a definite must....i went for the perfect 12's cause i got a sweet deal from one of my boyz....but the damn thing has blown already...i am running it off a JBL 1200.1 amp..which is what most ppl use...but i am looking around for a new sub?? any suggestions?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] >>

Doesn't the JBL 1200.1 do something like 600watts RMS? I think the perfect 12.1 is RMS of 350W

Were you powering one or two perfects?
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

Harshfence is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had two Infinity Perfect 12s running off and MTX 2300 for over a year. They sound great.
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

aldini is an unknown quantity at this point
eargasms eh? I need to look into that...
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

i was powering two perfect 12's off the JBL 1200.1 the perfects can handle the wattage...its just they are built so crappy
Old 05-22-2002
Registered!!

they are built pretty well actually. Just because they have a fugly stamped steel basket doesn't meanit's poorly built. Some subs blow over time. They are mass produced to meet certain tolerances. They aren't precisely engineered to exacting measures....there was probably somthing not done right on the assembly line..
Old 05-23-2002
Registered!!

well mohawk i have decided to go with the IDMAX...i heard a demo....today...and damn i was blown away...but i think one 12" is good enough..lol...if i only had the money for the W7...sigh...
Old 05-23-2002
Registered!!

the IDMAX will have more output than 2 perfects.. the IDMAX is also louder than the W7. W7's not all that efficient.. whereas the IDMAX. is..

Old 05-23-2002
Registered!!

IDQcivic should not be trusted
Thats my dream setup, 2 IDMAX 12's running off a earthquake phd2!!!
Old 05-24-2002
Registered!!

IDQ..I'm still waiting for IDMAX's I ordered off MMXpress.com. their about 5 days behind estimated backorder scheduling now..But I have an Arc Audio CXLR2500 waiting to pound the shizzits out of em [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]..
Old 05-25-2002
Registered!!

hey mohawkboom...do you think my jbl1200.1 will be good enough to power the on IDMAX?
Old 05-25-2002
Registered!!

Still..seeing as the IDMAX handles 1200Wrms. Umm it'd be perfect [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 05-25-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
i dont think its fair to say the IDMAX will outhit a pair of perfects, there is a definite cone area advantage.

and the same deal with teh W7, efficiency is not everything!

but my buddy has a single IDMAX on 900 watts in a sealed box built for SQ. he metered 140.5 on the dash at the fremont comp the week after spring break.

the IDMAX is certainly a capable woofer!
Old 05-26-2002
Registered!!

Harshfence is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey stillmatik23, I seem to remember now that I had a problem with my perfects also. I thought that I had blown them too. But, I took a look at them and found the problem. I believe what I found was that the wires that run from the terminals to the voice coil are very weak at the point where they attach to the terminals. What I did to fix the problem was cut the wire right at the terminal, remove the terminals(should be a screw to hold them on), remove the original voice coil wire connectors, crimp new connectors onto the voice coil wires, connect the voice coil wires to the terminals, and reattatch the terminals to the basket. Hope this isn't confusing. But, this the problem that I had with mine(it was quite a while ago, that's why I forgot about it). Since, I'd forgotten you could tell that I haven't had a problem since. What I had experienced with them was a total cut out of sound. It was like no signal was even going to the speaker at all. So, I would suggest(if you still have the speakers of course) that you turn your stereo on low and wiggle the voice coil wires a little to see if you get a response. If you do, then it's probably the same problem that I had. If you are going to get new speakers or not, at least it's better than throwing them out if you could get some value out of them. Hope this helps.
Old 05-26-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
its called lead slap, were you getting noise of teh wires smacking agasint the cone? its actually a well known problem with perfects, but they were supposed to be fixed for like 2001 and up.......
Old 05-29-2002
Registered!!

actually i have that distinct smell of burnt toast when i turn my HU up..plus the rubber part around the inifinity perfect is actually off...its no longer in the housing so i am pretty sure it has blown...my box is 1.25 element enclosure...and since it is chambered i can still use the one sub?? correct me if i am wrong...cause i am sending the sub back tomorrow...and i am getting the IDMAX in about a couple of weeks..in the mean time...i have to find someone to buy my two perfects....