I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Civic 2001 LX Sedan Dual 12": Will It Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TayoSeven is an unknown quantity at this point
Civic 2001 LX Sedan Dual 12": Will It Fit?

So I've been doing a lot of research on subwoofers before I make my purchase, not wanting to buy something expecting it to hit hard and then being disappointed, and I've come across a very large problem.

Enclosures.

I'd like to do two http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130W309...D4.html?tp=111 or two http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500SWR1...3D.html?tp=111 .

I listen to a lot of old school rap and some dubstep. I searched and can't find my trunk dimensions anywhere and I don't have the tools to measure (believe it or not).

Basically I was wondering what enclosures can I buy that will fit in my trunk. I'm looking for a ported one possibly, maybe bandpass.

The point of this system is to shake the s**t out of my car. I'm upgrading my rear speakers and if I see that the front are lacking I'll upgrade those too.
I'd also take suggestions on which components to buy.
I'd also go with 2 or 3 tens if I'm garunteed to have my car shake.

Not looking for window flex or any of that though!

Thanks CF,
-TayoSeven
Old 10-29-2012
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Civic 2001 LX Sedan Dual 12": Will It Fit?

just make the box your self. it's pretty easy. for my 12 i made a cube box 14x14 with a 3inch diameter port.

this site tells you how to calculate the port diameter and length.

http://www.mobileinformationlabs.com...0lenth%201.htm

quick tip the front of the subs is not where the sound comes from. the sound mainly gets blown out the ports. so if you want the sound to be mainly in your cab then put the ports on the back of the sub box to let the sound into the cab. if you want the sound to blast out of your trunk for parking with your mates then port the side that faces you when you open the trunk.

also be careful to design the box around your trunk's hinges because they drop down into the trunk when closed, it's easy to forget this when the trunk is open to measure.
Old 10-29-2012
Prelude Owner

Received 305 Likes on 215 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

2 10 inch subs is all you really need. I used to have 2 10 inch in a sealed box in my trunk and it took up the whole section between the rear struts. I got rid of it because I was tired of not having trunk space so I made a custom box and bought a single 8 inch sub. The 8 inch probably hits just as hard as the 2 10's. a civic is not a big car so it doesn't take much to make it rattle. Just don't buy cheap stuff!! The Alpines were good.
Old 10-29-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Keep in mind for a ported, you will need at least 2cubic ft up to 4cubic Ft. The bigger the box, the louder the bass.
I can't tell you what box to get. If there is an audio shop near you, they should be able to show you what size will fit. It might be cheaper to find one local as opposed to shipping one that size. Just know that you will lose most of your trunk space.

As a personal note, I would go with the Alpine Type R over those Pioneers. I have a single Alpine 10" that hits really hard in a sealed .5ft3 box.