I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Disable security but keep keyless entry?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012
Average Old Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rick1956 is an unknown quantity at this point
Disable security but keep keyless entry?

Okay, I've got an 03 with keyless entry, and I'd like to disable the alarm interface portion if I could. Is that possible?

I find the alarm to be a crap shoot as far as whether or not it's going to go off at any particular time. Sometimes the LED is blinking--other times not. Sometimes I can get into the trunk with the key and nothing. Other times the alarm goes off. I haven't been able to predict (with certainty) when it's going to go off or not. I hate the unpredictability of it.

I love the keyless side of things though. I like to be able to lock an unlock, and I like to have the lights flash, etc when I do it. I just want no "security" in the flow of things.

Is that possible?
Old 08-28-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Disable security but keep keyless entry?

if you have the oem honda security system, its just a matter of unplugging the wire harness that plugs into the unit. the keyless unit is separate. it should say on the unit whether its alarm or keyless. just unplug the connector and tie it up somewhere. its located under the driver side dash when you remove the lower cover and fuse panel cover. i believe the alarm box is above the hood release and the keyless box is more towards the middle like under the steering wheel.
Old 08-31-2012
Average Old Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rick1956 is an unknown quantity at this point

That worked perfectly. Thanks so much!

It was the biggest item under the dash in that area... Green plug. Easy to unhook or re-hook any time I want to.

Funny about security systems... It seems that we owners are the only ones that ever set them off...
Old 08-31-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah its more of a problem than its worth. i dont even have the keyless anymore. got tired of the car deciding when the doors should lock.