I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Sound System Issues!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2012
Steel City Youngin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
George91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sound System Issues!!

Hey there all, I'm currently running two 12" Infinity Subs, a 5 Farad Capacitor, and a MTX 4001 amp, Power is drawn from the battery using a fuse. For some reason my subs always decide to work when they want too, and its getting really annoying, one second they sound amazing the next they don't even work. I posted a video to demonstrate what I'm talking about. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance! *EDIT* All popping sounds heard in video are caused by the subs **

[autostream]http://autostream.com/ibcivicforums/?page_type=firebirdplayerthumbnail&framepage=1287& transactionid=1345231007-20721038205&posted_by=George91_www.civicforums.com &youtube_video_id=zsrHfw70sXU[/autostream]
Old 08-17-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sound System Issues!!

are you giving the subs 50-75% of their rated RMS power? are they bridged? sounds like either the amp sucks, or the subs are not wired right and the amp is overheating and shutting down to save itself. then coming back on again when cooled off. i had 2 10" infinity subs, then a single, and depending on the amp and how they are wired and the power input from the amp, even one 10" should be blowing your doors off. i cant imagine having even a single 12 lol.
Old 08-17-2012
Steel City Youngin'

Yes they are bridged, the amp was and is running perfectly fine, no overheating what so ever... I had them running non stop before and never had an issue... after a few months tho they just stopped.... when they want to work They sound phenomenal *EDIT* I'll post a video of them working afterwards... **
Old 08-17-2012
Steel City Youngin'

Ok... I had the wires fed through the drivers side floor panels.. and it seems like a wire was just pinched.. SMH everything is running perfectly now
Old 08-17-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

nice when it turns out to be an easy fix