I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

finally! found a cheap source for bulk 3M THINSULATE

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
finally! found a cheap source for bulk 3M THINSULATE

this is basically the best insulation you can buy for sound proofing a car. its very light, blocks noise, and you can put it almost anywhere. i plan on doing the doors and stuffing a bunch of it in the trunk on the sides in the next month or so. comes stock on luxury cars like acura TL.

http://www.rockywoods.com/Fabrics-Ki...te-Ultra-by-3M
Old 05-07-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speed9117 will become famous soon enough
Re: finally! found a cheap source for bulk 3M THINSULATE

how much do you suppose I would need to sound proof my rear speaker deck? It's rattled like a **** since I put new speakers in.
Old 05-07-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

well rattling needs to be eliminated also. this stuff dampens noise, but if two pieces are touching you will still get rattle. the rear deck is terrible on these cars. if you look underneath with the trunk open, you can see a few holes where the plastic deck lid is showing. stuff some piece of foam or cloth in those places and it will keep the deck lid from vibrating so much. also put some around the middle brake lamp. and make sure you push down on every part of the deck from the top so all the little clips snap back in. its really hard to get em all and then certain parts will be loose.
Old 05-08-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Speed9117
how much do you suppose I would need to sound proof my rear speaker deck? It's rattled like a **** since I put new speakers in.
i got a quick fix wedge a rubber door stop in between the brake light and the window it looks a little funny but it works.
Old 05-08-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

^ I need something like that. Mine rattles by the brake light but I want something that people won't be able to tell is there :/ I really don't feel like pulling off the rear deck again. I have plenty of other projects I'd like to do.
Old 05-08-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

well then it looks like you don't have a choice other then to wedge something between the brake light.