I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

03 LX dead stereo

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
benzy88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 03 LX dead stereo

went to Mexico for 2 weeks, came back and stereo hasn't worked... no power to it at all, fuses are okay... "alarm" light is illuminated constantly, but doesn't flash when car is off and parked... dealer wants big $$$ to diagnose problem before even getting into fixing it... anyone have any suggestions before I just get it taken out and a new deck put in??

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: 03 LX dead stereo

What "alarm" light? On the stereo or the green key light that indicates immobilizer function?
Old 04-01-2012
Registered!!

it's the red light just below the power **** that flashes when the car is parked to make it look like I have an alarm...
Old 04-01-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Was the battery dead when you got back from your trip and you had to jump start the car? If the cables got hooked up backwards (even momentarily and sparked), that can fry stuff all over the car.

Otherwise, check fuse #9 in the underhood fusebox, and fuse #8 in the dashboard fusebox.

If no joy, disconnect the battery for 5 minutes, then reconnect and retry.

If you get to the point of pulling the radio out of the dash, use a voltmeter or test light to check for power from those two fuses, because your new radio won't work either if this isn't right.
If you have power from those 2 fuses, and you have a good ground (black wire, #A20 terminal), then the radio must be bad.

I can't remember if this radio has an internal fuse or not.

HTH

Last edited by ezone; 04-01-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Got the fuses backwards and wrong.
Old 04-02-2012
Registered!!

the battery did not have to be jumped when I got home, the car started fine, like normal... the fuses have all been checked and they are fine... I will try the battery disconnect thing and see if that works.

Thanks!
Old 04-03-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

remember you have 2 fuse boxes. one under the hood and one under the steering wheel
Old 04-03-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
remember you have 2 fuse boxes. one under the hood and one under the steering wheel
Makes me wonder if what I said wasn't clear enough:
"check fuse #9 in the underhood fusebox, and fuse #8 in the dashboard fusebox."
Old 04-03-2012
Registered!!

I am aware of the two fuse box locations... like I said, all fuses are fine.

Thanks.