I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

how long is stock radio code?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
how long is stock radio code?

i'm tryin to find my code, i found a 5 digit number on my pre-delivery form but wanted to make sure. is it hidden on the car anywhere like under fuse box?
Old 12-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04civicdx is an unknown quantity at this point
mine is 5 diget it came with the owners man on like a lil card
Old 12-25-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
thanks!
Old 12-25-2005
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
on my car it is under the trunk lid on a white sticker along with the vin number, i believe on some cars it can also be found somehwere under the hood
Old 12-25-2005
Victory is Mine!

justplainbad is on a distinguished road
Sometimes on the side of the glovebox.
Old 12-25-2005
It's Nice To Be Important, But It's More Important To Be Nice.

Fiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really niceFiji_Blue_EM2 is just really nice
you can also call the dealership and they can give it to you
Old 12-25-2005
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice
mines is in my glovebox..
Old 12-25-2005
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
I have no clue where mine is on the vehicle, but it is written on the back of the business card of my salesman. When I bought the car, he wrote my key code and radio code on it for me!
Old 12-26-2005
Registered!!

2k2civic should not be trusted2k2civic should not be trusted
Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
on my car it is under the trunk lid on a white sticker along with the vin number, i believe on some cars it can also be found somehwere under the hood
The vehicle identification number number?
Old 12-26-2005
Registered!!

05reverb is an unknown quantity at this point
my 2005 is on the side of the glove box
Old 12-26-2005
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
its a 5 digit number on a lil card that comes with the car when you buy it...... i have never found it anywhere else so if you have actually used that code that you found under your hood to get ur cd player back on let me know
Old 12-27-2005
Premium Member

someone said it might be in the fuse box but i never looked. seems kinda silly for honda to put it on the car somewhere.
Old 12-27-2005
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
ya i dont think they would do that either.....
Old 12-27-2005
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
wow I never knew the code was elsewhere on the car itself... cool!
Old 01-06-2006
I'm bigger than you.

DannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to all
My sister drives my civic and she just changed the battery, she needs to find the code to the HU now. I have no idea who the dealer I got the car from originally was (got it via a 3rd party), so I have no idea where to go to get the code.

BTW it's a 2k1, no sticker anywhere on the car showing the code.
Old 01-06-2006
Premium Member

call the dealer (any) and tell them the serial number of the radio. they should give it to you if you show that its not stolen.
Old 01-06-2006
I'm bigger than you.

DannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to allDannyK35 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by gearbox
call the dealer (any) and tell them the serial number of the radio. they should give it to you if you show that its not stolen.
There is no way my sister will have the ability to remove the HU. She's prissy like that.

I just called a dealer and he said they could do that and then they'd have to have Honda get me a new code...........for $105. YEAH RIGHT.
Old 01-06-2006
Premium Member

hmm thats a problem. i looked but couldn't find it on the car either. my code was written on the inspection sheet when i first bought the car. i don't know why honda even did that nobody steals a factory deck and even if they do they go for $20 on ebay. i'd say you're better off just buying one and make sure it has the code. i just sold mine already for $25 or i would've sent it to you.
Old 01-06-2006
Registered!!

dtox666 is an unknown quantity at this point
I had no idea that so many thieves were stealing STOCK radios...

:\
Old 01-06-2006
Premium Member

here is one for .99 + 15 shipping but its only the stereo (no cd player).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2001-...spagenameZWDVW
Old 01-06-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
i am glad i dont plan on selling this car anytime soon, and giving it to my gf some day since I dynamat'ed the whole trunk lid and i didnt see the code on the glove box lol.
Old 01-06-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
lol people FAKE having the stock deck so that people wont steal their real HU haha
Old 01-06-2006
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
Originally Posted by DannyK35
My sister drives my civic and she just changed the battery, she needs to find the code to the HU now. I have no idea who the dealer I got the car from originally was (got it via a 3rd party), so I have no idea where to go to get the code.

BTW it's a 2k1, no sticker anywhere on the car showing the code.

get the serial number off the CD player abd take it to a honda dealer along with proof that u own the car and they will give it to ya
Old 01-06-2006
Registered!!

bluestreak is an unknown quantity at this point
be careful on the 01's though, like mine, many had issues when they first came out, and my deck was replaced. I always cringe when I have to re-enter the code cause I've got two cards and hope I saved the right one.
There was a recall on the first 01's cause the deck would just shut off by itself, and you had to pull over and pull a fuse under the hood to reset it. I was pissed, I had only had the car for a week.
Old 04-03-2012
Registered!!

yakubtijani is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: how long is stock radio code?

Hello gearbox,
could you please help me with my car code.
VIN: 2HKYF18694H620225
serial number:11133903
Thanks for being there.
Old 04-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: how long is stock radio code?

Your a few years too late.