I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

component speaker question

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gust4life is an unknown quantity at this point
component speaker question

hello i just bought a 2002 honda civic ex sedan and i want to upgrade stock speakers with component ones...
so far i had my eyes on infinity brand just because i had those in the past and i like the audio quality and so i checked the size that fits my car and it says 6 1/2 and therefore i was looking into the infinity kappa (KAPPA60.9CS) and was wondering if they fit? if so where do u recommend installing tweeter? i seen on a previous post where they posted it on the door and it looks awesome or in the pod where the side mirrors are but how does that work? heres the link to the speakers and hope someone can help me out thanks

http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/p...od=KAPPA60.9CS
Old 02-10-2012
Registered!!

itzsleepy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: component speaker question

The tweeters should mount straight into the pods. It mounted right in on my old civic but then again I had to use a glue gun to mount the tweeter to stay in (does not affect performance on the tweeter) I wish I had photos to show you but this was like 6 years ago. I would get an adapter plate for the mid bass and some sound deadeners. Use the sound deadener on the door where the mid bass is installed and also on the adapter plate to get some extra vibration cushioning. If you are mounting the crossover inside the door panel, use some deadener under it and hot glue or gorilla glue the crossover on top of the deadener so you dont get any rattling. Best is to keep the crossover out of the door panel and probably hide it behind the kick panels if you can. Also go with the components all around too IMO. you can get 6x9 adapter plates that can house a 6.5 component set in the rear deck.

I am about to do my entire system too and going with either what you are planning to get (infinity) or the C2-650 from JL Audio. But for the dollar value and output, the mb quart onyx series is looking good (for the price of the one set, I can get two sets and complete my system). All depends on which Amp I am running.
Old 02-11-2012
Registered!!

gust4life is an unknown quantity at this point

awesome yea i was looking into going for either infinity or jl audio i heard those are good too i was looking into the TR series as they are a lil less expensive lol
and components in the rear as well? where would i mount those at as far as the tweeter...
Old 02-11-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

If you dont have EX stock tweeter sails in your door, you'd have to get them separately in order to install the tweeters there
Otherwise you'll be drilling holes into panels to install tweeters

Those speakers are nice, but if you're not into drilling holes in your car, probably a coaxial speaker would be a better fit (especially in the rear deck)

The JL speakers are great, we have several JL fanatics on board this forum, myself included
Old 02-11-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gust4life
awesome yea i was looking into going for either infinity or jl audio i heard those are good too i was looking into the TR series as they are a lil less expensive lol
and components in the rear as well? where would i mount those at as far as the tweeter...
You can get a 6x9 Adapter Bracket and use that to hold the mid bass and tweeter in the rear deck. I got the one from rockford fosgate.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rockford-Fos...item4ab3a01694
Old 02-11-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
If you dont have EX stock tweeter sails in your door, you'd have to get them separately in order to install the tweeters there
Otherwise you'll be drilling holes into panels to install tweeters

Those speakers are nice, but if you're not into drilling holes in your car, probably a coaxial speaker would be a better fit (especially in the rear deck)

The JL speakers are great, we have several JL fanatics on board this forum, myself included

Yeah, JL Audio has been proven to be really good, I only use their wiring. Never tried their speakers, only subs and amps. I just got a toy to play with and haven't been playing with cars for the last six years so I am trying to learn whats new out there. But as far as coaxial speakers, I always found to have more distortion in the sound than components, but it is still an improvement over stock speakers.
Old 02-28-2012
Registered!!

deezie is an unknown quantity at this point

i have 2 sets of kappa perfect 6.5s and i LOVE them. i took out my 6x9s and put the second set in. My installer cut a hole in the doorpanel next to my handles and made a really clean install(no pods, didnt feel like waiting either lol!). i can post pics if u want. using a pdx f4 to push them. VERY articulate speakers IMO