I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Interested in All New Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about
Interested in All New Stuff

After I finish messing around with LEDs, I want to move onto audio. I'm looking to spend no more than ~$250 on a head-unit, 2 front speakers, and 2 rear speakers.

This is what I've currently narrowed my choice down to(I'm open to suggestions for all different componants or just one):
Head unit - Pioneer DEH-6300UB
Front speakers - Pioneer TS-G1643R
Rear speakers - Pioneer TS-A1684R

I chose the 2-ways for the front because they have mounting depth of only 1 5/8" and there's room for 1 3/4". I believe there is enough room for the 4 ways in the rear.

What else will I need in addition to just those items for installing them(not including the hardware i.e. screws, bolts, etc.)?

Last edited by Artificial; 10-06-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-03-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: Interested in All New Stuff

you need an amp to power those speakers.

if u plan on powering it with ur headunits they will be severely underpowered.

ur headunit is a 50w peak and 22w RMS.

those speakers are 180w peak and 60w RMS.

u want ur amp to have at least 75%-90% of the speakers RMS to properly drive them.

you will also need a wiring harness for ur headunit to car.

you will also need a power wiring kit (for ur amp)
Old 10-03-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about
Re: Interested in All New Stuff

I'm assuming this harness would work?

Would this amp get me by, or am I better off spending money on an amp that's like $50? If the latter, what would you recommend?

Quick Reply: Interested in All New Stuff