I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Finished Dual Amp install. quick pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point
Finished Dual Amp install. quick pics!

I finally finished my dual amp install+speaker replacment and I said I would take pics of it so here they are. I have a total of 30something pics which I will add soon, or make an install guide or something but heres a few of the finished product.

Infinity Perfect 12 VQ woofers wired parallel

MTX 421D Amplifier

Rear speakers TS-D1702R

Jensen power 760 amp mounted on MDF, mounted to rear seat frame.

All in all good install, busted a few plastic panel poppers while replacing the rear deck with the D1702R's All I need to do is set the gain for the sub amp when I get the chance and thats it!

Lemme know what you guys think. Suggestions are welcome!
Old 01-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Finished Dual Amp install. quick pics!

Looks good!

I can see you made a new truck panel too!
Old 01-10-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

very nice. good work.
Old 01-10-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Very clean install, how much did the trunk MDF cost total? (including carpeting)
Old 01-10-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Very clean install, how much did the trunk MDF cost total? (including carpeting)
It's cheap, all you need is a sheet of MDF, some cheap carpet and a couple hinges. I don't remember what it cost me, but it wasn't much at all.
Old 01-10-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I plan to do it, but last I checked, 3/4" MDF was like about $40 at home depot :X
And carpet is expensive too
Old 01-10-2011
Registered!!

Yup an MDF trunkbed will put the stock trunkbed to shame!

I got the subs,box,and mono amp given to me free so I basically added on. You can tell the amp has been used(terminal screws and missing rubber screw mount)

Kenny I used 1/2" I can't remember the Lenght, thats all they had but there was plenty left over and seems to do just as well as 3/4"

29.99 Carpet @ crutchfield
~27.99 1/2" MDF at the nearest home depot
~3.00 walmart standard hinges
10.00 3M adhesive spray

I took out some ground slack in the pics and grounded it to a bolt on the frame behind the seatbelt cushions after sanding it down to bare metal. I thought I heard alternator whine earlier today, Im gonna check that soon.
Old 01-11-2011
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MindBomber
Looks good!

I can see you made a new truck panel too!
Agreed... that looks suspiciously similar to a DIY I wrote up a while back (in my sig.) Glad to see other people doing it, too.

Nice install
Old 01-11-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by diskreet
Agreed... that looks suspiciously similar to a DIY I wrote up a while back (in my sig.) Glad to see other people doing it, too.

Nice install
Yup, great DIY by the way diskreet. I had no problems making the trunk. I even touched it up with a router, I wanted to redo the side carpet as well, But it was molded into shape, too cumbersome in my opinion!
Old 01-12-2011
CIVIC USER

jbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trusted

Love the install, I did the same trunk floor replacement but wow that is a tight fit! Cant wait to see more pics, especially how you routed the wiring from the front to the back.

Good install, very clean
Old 01-12-2011
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 7genmarathon
Yup, great DIY by the way diskreet. I had no problems making the trunk. I even touched it up with a router, I wanted to redo the side carpet as well, But it was molded into shape, too cumbersome in my opinion!
Same reason I didn't do it.

Good job. Enjoy!
Old 01-12-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by jbrown59
Love the install, I did the same trunk floor replacement but wow that is a tight fit! Cant wait to see more pics, especially how you routed the wiring from the front to the back.

Good install, very clean
Indeed a tight fit. I have maybe half of a fingernails worth of clearance between the sub box and the rear deck speakers. If I ever need to get the subs out I will have to zig zag so the port covers on top of the box so they dont get caught on the magnet<<<Good theft deterrent.

I'll try to add more pics on Friday. Class has started again and I this is the 1st semester im taking all upper division accounting classes
Old 01-16-2011
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
I plan to do it, but last I checked, 3/4" MDF was like about $40 at home depot :X
And carpet is expensive too
the trunk MDF is worth it! carpet is cheap:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=260-767